PDA

View Full Version : renderman forum

popol
01-23-2005, 12:23 PM
maybe i miss this one, but why there is not a renderman forum in cgtalk board??

jmBoekestein
01-24-2005, 04:01 AM
Hey popol,

Look in the graphics programming forum. But I do agree that there should be a seperate forum for it. Not just PRMan but also other renderman compliant renderers. I don't have any experience with it but I think it would be fun to learn also here at cgtalk, or maybe people can get to know renderman like that. Because it was very expensive, maybe it's not now.

I second the motion.

edit: look at sticky above, labeled requests for new forums or something. Might be worth a try.

mummey
01-24-2005, 03:16 PM
If you wish to ask Renderman questions I would say the Graphics Programming forum is the best fit. If this doesn't fulfill your needs I would suggect http://www.deathfall.com which slants more toward the rendering side of the industry.

-b

Leonard
01-25-2005, 03:02 AM
We used to have a PRMan/Renderman forum and it was DEAD. Like - TOTALLY DEAD. Hardly anyone bothered to post! Maybe they go somewhere else on the Web? I don't mind starting one up again if you can get enough people to participate. Start a poll and see how many people are interested.

Leo

jussing
01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
What I've read about Renderman I've immensely enjoyed, so I'd love a seperate forum for it, but I am NOT a Renderman TD, not am I looking to be, so I couldn't contribute with anything myself, and therefore couldn't really vote "yes" in a poll. :-/

- Jonas

popol
01-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Start a poll and see how many people are interested

were ? in the maya forum?

We used to have a PRMan/Renderman forum and it was DEAD.

Maybe with the new renderman for maya the
renderam forum will have more succes?

JDex
01-26-2005, 07:22 PM
were ? in the maya forum?

Maybe with the new renderman for maya the
renderam forum will have more succes?

Here in the suggestions forum (or try to edit this thread and add a poll).

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.