PDA

View Full Version : Locking subobject movement.

scorpion007
01-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi, I would like to somehow (for example) lock a vertex's X coords, so that it can move in Y and Z but not X, but the rest of the verts can move freely. Is this possible to do?

I know I can lock certain transforms on an object level, but would like to know if i can do it to certain vertices, or edges, etc.

Wahooney
01-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately I don't think this isn't possible without writing some system hogging callbacks.

You'll have to write a function that stores an array of the vertices you want to lock, as well as their axes, use the when construct to check if the geometry has changed and, when it odes change, loop through your array of vertices fixing them to their locked positions as you go.

I hope this helps.

scorpion007
01-24-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah.. I was afraid of that :/ I thought about that way too but as you said, it will be quite slow.
I wonder if this is possible to use the C++ based SDK using some other approach.. perhaps at a lower level?

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.