PDA

View Full Version : Camera Projection Technique (XSI)

machuc
02-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Hi, I wanted to know if someone has used Camera Projection in XSI without having (image)stretching problems. If u had used it (and had no problem), could u please explain me how the procedure works in XSI?

I worked with camera projection in Softimage3D but I haven-t been able to use it in XSI without having problems.

thnxs in advance! :)

EdHarriss
02-09-2002, 08:53 PM
I don't know what you mean by image stretching problem, but here is how I create a camera projection.

Assign a texture to an object.
Choose Get>Property>Texture Projection>Camera
Click on the camera.

Works for me.
If you want to freeze the texture so that it does not change position every time you move the camera... go into the explorer and open up the objects clusters folder. Drill down to the node called CameraTxt and check the Mute button.

Or

You can go into the Textures property page and click Edit, next to the Texture Projections name. The Mute button will be all the way at the bottom.

Or

You can right click the selection button and choose "all properties." The CameraTxt section will be somewhere in the middle of the page.

Or

You can just press the freeze button, but then you will loose your entire operating stack and once the freeze is out of the undo stack, you will not be able to "UN-mute" your texture projection, if you need to change it.

machuc
02-09-2002, 10:42 PM
Hi Ed, Thanks for the reply, I tryied what u told me to, and Im still having stretching problems, im posting the image here so u can see what I mean.

http://www.multimania.com/machuc/camproj.jpg

And the borders are all weird too, hope u can help me out!

thnks!

EdHarriss
02-10-2002, 12:04 AM
Is that all one object? Or are you projecting onto multiple objects?

machuc
02-10-2002, 12:14 AM
It works!!!! hehehe... I switched to implicit for all of the texture support and it-s fine now... !!!

thnxs anyway! :)

EdHarriss
02-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Glad I could help. =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.