PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Symetrical problem with blendshape

Alouette
01-23-2005, 12:41 AM
hi,

I got a serious problem with my model.
i need to use blendshape for modeling expression and i need for it to symetriz some poses.
So i used shape tool plugin .
unfortunately, it doesn't work because it said that my model is asymetrical.
So i tried the abSymMesh plug in to resolv it.
Always and always asymetrical!

i don't know where i've done a mistake!

what do u think ooboot it?

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/4362/oldladyproject8vt.jpg

Firas
01-23-2005, 04:10 AM
hi.. first abSymMesh is not a plugin..its a nice MEL :)
u can work with smartVtxII, which is another nice mel that works on simi-symitrical shapes .. www.ztoon.com/3d/smartVtxII (http://www.ztoon.com/3d/smartVtxII)

Alouette
01-23-2005, 11:40 AM
thx a lot Firas !

i've just tried the Mel (not plugin :) ) you send me but it seems to be the same problem.
this message appears when i push select mirror:
" ID : 215 has no mirrored Vtx (tolerans=0.001) "

i dont know what to do !
maybe my model is not good ...

arhhh...

sporadic
01-23-2005, 05:23 PM
You could always delete half and remirror, then copy UVs and such. Probably would work.

But as a first step, have you tried selecting vertex 215 to see where it is, and if there is a mirror? I've not used those scripts, but can you change the tolerance to something larger to catch this point? Finally, have you made sure it's looking at the right axis? Obviously front to back/top to bottom isn't mirrored.

Just a few ideas.

Firas
01-23-2005, 06:00 PM
welcome Alouette, u can play with tolerance by clicking on the image of smartVtxII image..
when i did smartVtxII i added this option to solve those problems .. if u can send me the model and i'll understand exactly why it happeneds ..

sporadic.. delete half and mirror again is good but what if the model is not symetrical 100% .. u'll lose your work ..

ohh.. i remember .. center your pivot and put the model in the center :) then freez transformation

sporadic
01-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I assumed that the head was supposed to be symmetric, because Alouette seemed miffed that the tool said the model wasn't symmetric. Still, I wouldn't use it except as a last resort, unless you really want symmetry.

Alouette
01-25-2005, 01:49 PM
i've got it !

I resolve the problem by remirroring my model.
i'm not proud of me but my model was not very clean ( a bad manip during my first mirror)
i don't really need my mesh to be asymetrical cause the animation i want to do show the character by the side...

i very appreciate yor helpful's intervention !

thx guys for yor reply

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.