PDA

View Full Version : texturing problem.

dmonk
09-09-2002, 05:26 PM
texturing problem.

Whenever I try to apply a new texture map to another object the same texture applies to every object in my scene. I don't know why this is happening. When I look at the render tree of a selected model the name say scene material. I though maybe I might have been applying the textexture to everything by defualt. I have no clue whats going on.

skyPhyr
09-09-2002, 10:00 PM
yeah - you've been applying your texture to the default (scene) material.

Simply apply another material to your object first then add a texture. Choose Get->Material->*insert material type here* while your object is selected to add a new one.

Cheers,

Alan.

grendizer
09-18-2002, 10:35 PM
When you get the dialog box, choose to make a local copy :scream:

Ablefish
09-27-2002, 01:00 AM
Any new objects created will be sharing the "Scene Material" by default. If you've done a lot of work on your material, you can select the material in the Explorer, press ctrl-C to copy it, then select the object you actually want it applied to and Ctrl-V to paste it. That will give you a local copy.

(If you're not seeing the material node on your object in the Explorer, choose Show->Applied Properties)

Generally speaking, there are some visual clues to let you know if you're making "broad" changes in XSI. Any property or material that is shared with another object will be in italics in the explorer. Also, if you have a property page open - any objects that it affects will gain a pink wireframe.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.