PDA

View Full Version : secondary animations how to...

Vlad Gabriel
01-22-2005, 05:56 PM
I need some help into this guys, its about secondary animations.U know, like the character is moving its arm for example has a secondary like animation (the arm finishes the movement with a dynamic like force- like inertia) Softimage got implemented this kind of cool thing in their package and i'm wondering how i could do that in maya.If guys can give me some help i would mean a lot to me!
Regards, Vlad Gabriel

Morganism
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure what softimage has got, but check out the jiggle deformer. I think that might be what you're looking for.

Vlad Gabriel
01-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Yes, kind of that, a jiggle deformer but applied on bones.. How can i do that?

Morganism
01-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Ah, I don't believe that maya's got anything like that built in as a feature.

One thing I've seen done though is setting up splineIK to control a series of joints, and then applying a jiggle deformer to the spline. The jiggle moves the spline which in turn moves the joints. It's not too fancy, but if you're just looking for something subtle that might be somewhere to start.

Vlad Gabriel
01-22-2005, 10:03 PM
yes, i know what u're talkin about... i tried that but the control is very tricky... Xsi slams Alias with this very usefull feature. it's a shame for Alias...

loked
01-22-2005, 10:16 PM
You can also make a splineIK and turn the curve into a dynamicCurve if you are using Maya unlimited. This yields incredibly awesome results! Otherwise soft bodies or jiggle should do the trick.

Vlad Gabriel
01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
yes i know that, the new hair cool features of maya 6... thanks a lot guys!!!

ihamid
01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi all,
i also have a simple idea! but needs some works though...say that u need the thigh muscles to jiggle.:)
u can make an influnece muscle , make the muscle to a softbody and attach the softbody to the skeleton using springs! this method works and also gives a nice muscle difinition while it jiggles!:)

hope this is usefull:) and it worked for me!! cheers!

mimo8
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
secondary animation is a very handy function comming with the maya 6 bonus tools
(hope I didnt miss anything in this thread)

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.