PDA

View Full Version : speeding tunnel effect

xEn[O]n
01-22-2005, 09:23 AM
if you take a look at this one, http://www.2advanced.com/popup/popup_kbhomes.htm, in the middle of the clip, you will see something like a green-tinted speeding tunnel.
i really like the effect. i am completely new to animations and stuff but would like to learn through exploring myself.
so, how can i do that effect? do i really use a digi cam to film the tunnel when my car is speeding? is there an easier and more intelligent way? what kind of programmes should i be using?

thanks. :)

Wizdoc
01-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Looks pretty simple:

1. Film the footage.
2. Ramp up the speed to maybe to double or triple.
3. Smooth out the motion with radial blur.
4. Color correct.

Of course, if you are filming inside the car, you need to create a matte or two to exclude the dashboard and other interior parts so the blur effect doesn't affect them.

Best effect is to get a friend to film while you drive (or vice versa) so he can get good footage, maybe from the side window. No need to drive fast, speeding up the footage in post will do the trick.

And of course remember, safety first.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.