PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Objects to a Single Polygon (Eye Setup)

Datadog
01-22-2005, 03:43 AM
I've got a low-poly character going right now and I've got two pupils I want to attach to the polygons I'm using as his eyes that I can animate. The problem however is that when his face deforms, the polygons for his eyes deform too and the pupil ends up going through the geometry. Is there a way to keep the pupil consistent against the polygons, or is there a better way to make an animated eye (without resorting to spheres for eyes.)

tfall
01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
You can add a the pupils to the same deformer that is deforming the eyes using the Relationship Editor, set to "Deformer sets". Find the deformer that is deforming the eyes and highlight it in the editor. Select all of the cv's or vertices of the pupils, and in the Relationship Editor choose "Edit-> Add Selected Items".

If you are using a lattice on the eyes, parts of the pupil might be outside of the lattice, so you need to change the attribute "Outside Lattice" in the attribute editor from "Inside" to "All".

I'm not sure if this will work for skinClusters, but it works for other deformers.

- Terry

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.