PDA

View Full Version : Not much of a battle!

HellBoy
01-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Hi all

I was playing around with PS and this may look like crap but thats the best of what I can do :( but I'll practuce more

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/mwarsame/war.jpg
What do you think?

Rudeone
01-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Well it's a good thing you are discovering the many aspects of photoshop like that blur filter you used, learning by experimenting is a good thing.

As for now, I will give you some homework, when I checked out your website I saw a drawing of this manga kid, it looked quite good so this is gonna be your character concept done in photoshop.
Now leave photoshop for now and get yourself a blanc piece of paper and a fineliner, hold the original drawing against the window (or another source that makes it shine trough), place the blanc paper on top and start tracing the lines with your fineliner (you could trace it in ps with a pentool, but lets keep it simple for now), remember not to leave any openings.
Next step: scan the linart into photoshop (if you don't have one, use the one in school, from the nextdoor girl, the mailman whatever).
Select the magic wand tool and click lets say the head (btw holding shift lets you select other parts while keeping the previous selection), select a nice colour, create a new layer, fill the selection with the bucket tool.
Colour the whole img this way not creating any shadows and highlights (that's gonna be your next assignment) and update.

Ofcource you could be the stubbern student and don't do your homework, but this homework is cool :) + this method was a great way for me to learn photoshop

p.s if you really are interested in making digital artwork, you could concider saving money for a drawing tablet

Ognus
01-22-2005, 08:21 AM
That was very good advice Rudeone. That was also very considerate of you to check out MWarsame's website to offer further insight.

I would listen to Rudeone if I were you.

Its intereactions like these that make the internet so valuable.

Thanks Rudeone. That was a very nice gesture.

HellBoy
01-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks, I will defenetly do the homework today and post it under here, it'll be fun

I discovered Fransco, Smutch stick, Sponge and the blur filter, I also learned how to increase/decrease the strenght of the brush, i,e the way I coloured the sky, I decreased my brush to 6 and went over it and over till I got this but I wish if there were more filters than the ones offered in PS7

cheers

HellBoy
01-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Alright guys

I havent drawn any sources and I got this from the google images and its Mel Gibson, I don't know if that looks like him but I copied the image, Original Image and made a new layer and pasted in there then I made a new layer which my lines went and drown over him, I dont know if thats cheating or not but heres the picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/mwarsame/melgibson.jpg

Is this how the colour should look like?

Rudeone
01-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Well MWarsame, it is cheating, you're using work from another person, but it is a good way to learn more of photoshop, however if you're posting work like this in the finished art gallery, it won't be accepted or it will be removed because you're not allowed to post non-original work, on this wip forum I think you are allowed (I'm not really sure though).

About the colour: it's kinda yellow-ish, it should be a bit pink - orange, but how are you doing with the manga kid?

HellBoy
01-22-2005, 05:38 PM
damn, this is the source I used

http://www2.filmweb.no/multimedia/archive/00013/Mel_Gibson_Wallpaper_13226k.jpg

but I'll paint the face

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.