PDA

View Full Version : Jetfighter

Dan Wade
01-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Here is a small shot myself and a friend worked on. Im a 3D artist and im trying to focus on lighting and compositing. My friend animated the plane, i did the other 3D elements. Created in Maya and Shake.

Had quite alot of feedback from this, and we tried to fix as many problems as we could. Hopefuly find time to come back to this at some point and maybe add more.

Thanx,
Dan.

http://www.danwade.org/plane_21_01_05.mov

Zabian
01-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Nice I like it.

twisztdauthority
01-22-2005, 11:14 PM
cool, short but has very good detail

mattmos
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey Danny boy, this rocks!

OK but one small crit, I love the sense of speed when the plane is flying past but once it turns it seems to slow down a fair bit and you lose that sense, maybe a tiny bit more camera shake at the end would help to get the feeling that they are really zoomed in and struggling to hold the camera steady?

Dan Wade
01-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the comments guys.
I see what you mean Matt, will look into it, time to pull Top Gun out again!

Thanx,
Dan.

mattmos
01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Don't pretend you're watching Top Gun for the planes! It's just another excuse to check out Tom Cruise in his pants :twisted:

mattclinch
01-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Superb, agree with previous crits. I'm working on something similar myself with a Tornado F3. Can you tell me about your lighting setup? And is it composited to live footage?

Dan Wade
01-25-2005, 01:05 AM
Ta. Just one light in the scene which is an infinite directional which represents the sun. ALso a very low intensity IBL setup. No live footage, cg plane and backdrop. Rendered in Mental Ray, smoke and particle effects rendered through Maya hardware.

Dan.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.