PDA

View Full Version : Looping Image sequences with frame offset

Phinsta
01-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Help! does anyone know an expression to loop an image sequence but with frame offset too? (Maya 6) I've got roto-ed sequences on image planes that need to come in at different times and currently Im getting black frames rendering before and after the sequences run! all the sequences are different lengths and im using negative offset values

I'm currently using this expression to loop the frames:

file17.frameExtension=((frame - 1) % 88) + 1

which works for the loop, but when I apply a frame offset of say -720 the sequence wont run!

Do any hard core expressions guru's out there know the solution please?, I will be for ever in your debt!

Phinsta

may99
01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
if u paste and modify this into frame extension

float $movie=LENGHTO OF YOUR ANIM; like 150
float $offset = YOUR OFFSET; negative or positive

float $loop=(frame+$offset)%$movie;
YOURNODE_FILE_NODE.frameExtension=$loop;

hope helps if not lemme know

Phinsta
01-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks that did it! you the man, had to make sure my sequences started on frame 0 but it worked. thanks, no more black frames rendering! checked your website too, nice work dude.

Phinsta

may99
01-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanx man ur welcome

Phinsta
01-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Found this the other day thought it might interest u, by way as a thanku

Hacking Maya'a Startup Screen
The following is written with ResHack in mind, but steps should be similar in other applications.

Open the file MayaRes.dll (C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya6.0\bin) in a resource hacker application (such as ResHack) and browse to MAYASTARTUPIMAGE (under Bitmap) and expand that to expose the "1033" string; click on it (1033 icon) and the startup image should appear on the right. Under the "Action" menu, choose "Replace Bitmap."

Now browse to the bmp of any size you saved from pShop by pressing "Open file with bitmap" while MAYASTARTUPIMAGE.XPM is selected on the right. Select the image (should be selected) and press Replace.

Save the DLL using the original name (hopefully you made a backup first) and next time you run Maya, your snazzy new startup image should appear.

So, make a backup of MayaRez.dll and make sure Maya is not running while performing this hack.

Enjoy!

Phinsta
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry to bother you again, that expression works fine after the frame offset value in the time line, but if I scrub before that offset it looks for negative frames and cant play them (obviously) any clues as to why this?

regards,

Phinsta

may99
01-25-2005, 04:13 PM
can you send some scen so i can look at it? cause its not happenin here... but "abs" function looks like soluton ut still i want to see oyur scene

but the line would be like :

float $movie=100;

float $offset = 0;

int $firstframe=1;

float $loop=abs(((frame+$offset)%$movie))+$firstframe;

file1.frameExtension=$loop;

//this will produce positve number no matter what :)

and u can also set wich is your first frame 0 or 1
but yeah i need to know what you are aexactly lookin for.... everything is possible

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.