PDA

View Full Version : cinema made musikvideo

mostyle
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
hi,

after two moths of hard work, we (together with qfim.de)finishing a 3d animated musikvideo for "Unwritten law".

client : radical l.a. / Lava Records US

tool: cinema 4D R9 / sketch&Toon

Its right now running in american musikTV U can see it on MTV site ,too.

http://www.mtv.com/music/video/premiere/unwritten_law/index.jhtml

greetz, mostyle

ps: i will post a link to a better version soon

http://www.mostyle.tv/portfolio/UL_save_me2kl.jpg

JIII
01-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Do you have it uploaded anywhere else? Macintosh computers can't view MTV's MediaPlayer.

rendermania
01-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm on PC and MTV's page won't play it in firefox either. Try the one on Launch maybe:

http://search.launch.yahoo.com/launch/search/?m=all&p=unwritten+law&x=0&y=0

'save me' is a bit down the page.

I just watched it at 300K quality, and the video looks pretty cool. would love to see a higher quality version though. good to see Sketch used in production :D.

Byla
01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
doesnt work on linux either... and on XP FireFox as well... please, give us a direct link or something... sooo curious!

mostyle
01-21-2005, 05:28 PM
hi,

I put a better looking quicktime version on my page:

http://www.mostyle.tv (http://www.mostyle.tv/)

try this on =)

greetz, mostyle

harlan_hill
01-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Works great on Safari.

Nice work on the video man. Looks good. Pretty good band too, Unwritten Law.

Uncle-Ox
01-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi

An awesome piece of work there, bud.

I have to admit, I'm just a little jealous: I've been working on my music vid for over 2 years now seeing that I only have my very restricted free time to work on it. Have to add though, that I only made the move to C4D in August 2004 and then had to restart from scratch (for the 3th time). I've made a lot of progress since.

But great work and the song is good also.

escondar
01-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Well done. Great overall and sweet details. Bravo. A like the container dock integration.

I'll watch for your next project!

Cheers

WJS

mostyle
01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
hi,

thx for commenst , working on my next project right now ...its a short agains gene food for greenpeace. I made a charakter but unfortunately they want a charakter combinated off diffrent vegetables...so that my first raw version dieing before he seeing the light =/...

here is the raw version:

greetz, mostylehttp://www.mostyle.tv/greenpeace/gurken_joe.jpg

mostyle
01-21-2005, 11:04 PM
is there enyone who can change my writing msitake in the headline?
I write cienema...must be cinema or better C4D...

thx, mostyle

jddog
01-22-2005, 10:55 AM
This is absolutely fantastic... what a great work... :applause:

funny to see the singer reflected in mirror without toon shader ;)

jdd

rendermania
01-22-2005, 11:36 AM
I agree that its quite well done, and I definitely want to see this one on TV in broadcast quality... (toon rendered stuff typically compresses like crap compared to straight video with almost anything, including QT, Real and WMV).

What I like particularly about it is that its a narrative piece done with Cinema for a change. We have way too many stills, car renders, broadcast logos etc done as a user community. Would be cool to see more work with proper animated characters, narrative, dialogue etc. I guess this will happen over time.

mostyle
01-22-2005, 11:56 AM
This is absolutely fantastic... what a great work... :applause:

funny to see the singer reflected in mirror without toon shader ;)

jdd

hi,

yes I hope thats OK with the mirro... havnt time to tweak taht ... for me there are soooo many mistakes still in =)....but I know other peoples seeing this complete diffrent...

it wasnt my choice ,too...that the charakters act so slowly... in my opinion a diffrent animationstyle fits more to the look...but anyway, the client is very happy...

and Iam proud that we bring that complex project to life in that short timeframe....
coz the mainwork is done be just two guys...and we starting from scratch....taht means in that two months there is everything inkludet....first planings , storybord ..etc.

thx for comments so far guys...

c ya, mostyle

jddog
01-22-2005, 12:18 PM
yes I hope thats OK with the mirro... havnt time to tweak taht ... for me there are soooo many mistakes still in =)....but I know other peoples seeing this complete diffrent...

this because I had some problem me too (in some arch viz) cobinig real materials and S&T... so this bring me immediately my attention. I think non Cinema user and non profi of 3d wouldn't see that... anyway, mistakes or not... the anim is really remarquable and all your 'mistakes' probably we don't see it...

again... congrats for this work :thumbsup:

Just I start now to do some small anim and I can realyze how much work this require... and this is really an interesting work and you can be happy with what you did here !

jdd

mostyle
01-23-2005, 01:15 PM
thx again man =)

marshalartist
01-23-2005, 05:05 PM
WOW! awesome - really nice style and content and that is a hell of a lot of work for two months. How many of you worked on the project and how did you split it up?
:buttrock:

Peter

mostyle
01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=marshalartist]WOW! awesome - really nice style and content and that is a hell of a lot of work for two months. How many of you worked on the project and how did you split it up?
:buttrock:

hi thx,

the mainwork is done by two people...I have a second man (in some forums known as muck-one) his part was the most enviromentmodeling and for example the habor animation...my rolle was the lead artist...and that means I do all charterthings and texturing, lighning and researching the references for modeling and of cours modeling some things be myself....and syncronising with the regieseur and so on....at the end of the project I hired a third man (sven hauthe) and he helping us with char.animation to reach the deathline.....coz I was more and more involved in the overall organising /supervising things...
the compositing ist done be Marcus Gerwinat from Qfilm....and I just assist him and coordinate the work...Mark Entzelmann from Qfilm takes the producer role and doing all the timekonsuming kommunikation with the client etc....sometimes he cooking (wel)l =))...

mostyle

bobtronic
01-24-2005, 12:05 AM
congrats on the work Kay! Good to see you managed to hold the deathline.

hoffe es hat sich ausgezahlt fr euch :)

Bob

mostyle
01-24-2005, 12:25 PM
hi,

bobtronic....yes , its was an intresting experience...now I know how planing such a bigg project ...and its very helpful working together with real movieexperienced people...I larned so much new abaut kamera and lightning...

And this weekend I was on the location where the team shooting the material for my next project, the greenpeace addvertising....as CG-supervisor, and again its very intresting and I learning a lot...

I think its very useful for every 3D artist, seeing how real movies work....

...for example the lights in the performance shots in "save me" are look & feel copies of often used lightsets and kameralense combination in real musikvideos...

greetz , kay

ps.: ich hoffe bei Dir luft auch alles gut

fritzman
01-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Kay,

man, that's very impressive. cool ideas for bringing the story across. I specially like the walkthrough of the time frozen party. The look is interesting, too.
Good luck for your next project!

All the best, FRitz

Maurice-Panisch
01-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey Kay,
you wrote my Nic-Name in the wrong way not MUK-ON... MUCK-ONE is the right way :-)

Greets,

Maurice

mostyle
01-24-2005, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=MUCK-ONE]Hey Kay,
you wrote my Nic-Name in the wrong way not MUK-ON... MUCK-ONE is the right way :-)

don`t know what U mean =)))...

hihi...sorry

mostyle

mostyle
01-25-2005, 12:26 AM
after the long work periode and some char. setups we notice a little mutation in our positure.
Since this days I need two seats in bus, cinema and so on...

http://www.mostyle.tv/ul/t_pose.jpg

bobtronic
01-25-2005, 04:16 AM
hehe, do you always wear these shirts? shameless selfpromotion :)

Bob

yxin
01-26-2005, 11:21 PM
yes kay, i think you did a great work!!!
but your photo on the top....hmmmmm, you should go to a hairdresser. looks a little bit like a "FOKUHILA"! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

greetz from cold cold hamburg
stephan

mecha
01-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Wow! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Especially the Fincher-esque camera moves around the apartment and the time lapse party sequence, I love it!

:drool:

mecha

mostyle
01-27-2005, 12:41 PM
hi guys, thanx for comments so far....

bobtronic: that are special clothes....with includet layers for individula textes =)...

yxin: maen...wish I have the chance to leave my flat and taste the cold world outside...
from my position, hamburg looks nice...esp. at the moment, the SUN shines
...what doing maya these days, everything fine?

c ya, mostyle

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.