PDA

View Full Version : Possible to delete several layers in one time ?

toma
09-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

I have always wondered if it was possible to delete multiple layers in one time in Photoshop 6.

Have tried a lot of different things...nothing worked. So if anyone has an answear thanks a lot !

toma :)

mok
09-09-2002, 04:35 PM
I don't think photoshop allows you to do that. The reason they were designed this way is because it's more careful to delete layer by layer. So that it'll make sure you didn't delete something that you wanted. I can't be 100% sure, but it should be designed to allow deleting one layer at a time.

toma
09-09-2002, 04:38 PM
well thx wok for your answear...
I don't find it efficient at all, cause when you work on BIG psd files, with something like 35 layers, and you need to edit them heavily (change things, delete layers etc) it is NOT efficient at all...

And they could allow you deleting multiple layers at one time if they at least implemented a good "undo system"...

Anyway thx for your answear...

toma.

Per-Anders
09-09-2002, 07:34 PM
here's the way to delete multiple layers in photoshop...
simple select one of the layers you want to get rid of
then link the other layers you want to delete
merge linked
and bin the resulting layer

PokeChop
09-10-2002, 03:43 AM
Here's another way. If you work with layer sets you can delete the set AND all the layers at once.

Link all the layers you want to delete
From the layer palette rollout menu:
Click New Set From Linked
Click Delete Layer Set
Click Set and Contents

Work in layer sets if you get the chance. It really can clean up your layers palette and it will become second nature to you. If you work with sets you can also duplicate layer sets easily to keep a copy in case you want to revert back at some point, just turn off the visability.

Hope this helps.

Use layer sets...Use layer sets...Use layer sets...

toma
09-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Hi,

Thanks for you replies.

mdme_sadie : I did not know you could use the same keyboard shortcut CTRL+E to merge layers that were linked ! That's great and much more efficient :) thanks a ot for your tip !

PokeChop : Yes I usually use Sets when I have to use big PSD with a lot of layers. In that particular case, I have not MADE the PSDs, but someone else in another company, and all the layers were absolutely not sorted... a real mess. Anyway, your tip is good too !

Thx for your replies !

toma.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.