PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Bride trailer

Fazendinha
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM
This is a film that would simply adore to work on... oh well! enjoy!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/large.html

mushroomgod
01-21-2005, 02:26 PM
wow!!

wow!!

wow!!

WesComan
01-21-2005, 02:28 PM
wow!!

wow!!

wow!!

jlelievre
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Trés cool! Cannot wait to see this one! :)

Chaz
01-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Is this CGI or stop motion....or a combination of both?

stewartjones
01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
This thing looks AWESOME! :bounce:

The style is the same as my fave film 'Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas'. Burton just can't get this stuff wrong in my eyes. :thumbsup:

stewartjones
01-21-2005, 03:03 PM

Stop motion as far as I know. Am sure there will be CGI elements included though?!?

headengine
01-21-2005, 03:16 PM
:D Tremendulous

mgarward
01-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow! That looks fantastic! And now we have to wait 'til Halloween??!? :scream:

Per-Anders
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
now that's looking much better than i'd expected from the initial descriptions. really looks like it'll be an excellent movie.

mmkelly011881
01-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Great stuff.. can't wait to see it on the big screen... not entirely sure about the plot but im sure burton and co can make it great!

swadepgh
01-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow can't wait to see this one. Such lovely characters.:bounce:

Yen3D
01-21-2005, 03:56 PM
very well done!!! can´t wait to see this movie!

vfx
01-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Gob Smacked!! This looks juicer than Nightmare Before Christmas!! I can't wait - Oh I can't wait - It hurts!! I'm so glad that theres still a huge audience for this type of 3D! Painstaking beauty I tell you!! Lets hope theres a godd story in there too!!

TheNeverman
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
it's stop-motion with minimal CG effects...

n8

roger
01-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Well Moving Picture Co. is working on it as well as Will Vinton Studios so I would say your right.....it's both! :)

PS - I think it looks GREAT too! :thumbsup:

Chaz
01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, at first glance it looks like really, REALLY good stop motion with some CGI thrown in. Look at the full-frame sequences of Johnny's charactedr running, it looks like CGI.

I can't wait, I love all of Tim Burton's stuff!

SegFaultII
01-21-2005, 05:27 PM
its a piece of creative art, like a nightmare before christmas is. i just love the style, and i love music! its gonna be great.

Seven
01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Wow! Wow! That looks amazing.

Cant wait.

Fazendinha
01-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I know that this is the wrong forum to say this but... please don't over analyse this film, just be amased and in awe, above all be inspired!

Paul F Diaz
01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
OMG!!:eek: This looks AWESOME! Cant WAIT!!!

Geta-Ve
01-21-2005, 06:43 PM
wow... it almost looks like a precursor to nightmare...

you got the dog.. the dead girl (which looks exactly like the girl in nightmare..) that russian type guy.. he sorta resembles the two face guy in nightmare.. and blah blah blah

amazing either way...

dilipale
01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
He ONLY cg in this trailer is the rather tacky WB door knocker that opens the teaser. Everything else is pure sweet Stop Mo.

fattyLees
01-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the budget for this animation? Just curious. I haven't been able to find an exact figure..only "big Budget"

And yes this film looks so beautiful and well animated I can't wait!

-Fatty

Joss
01-21-2005, 09:19 PM
hey! Let's keep it going!

Wow, wow, wow...

baenca00
01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah, at first glance it looks like really, REALLY good stop motion with some CGI thrown in. Look at the full-frame sequences of Johnny's charactedr running, it looks like CGI.

There is some CG elements in the movie, but no CG elements in this trailer, except for the moon light beams behind the Bride when she's raising from the ground.

Cloth and hair is amazingly hand animated in all shots of this trailer.

Carlos.

mmkelly011881
01-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Mr. Baena
Did you take a leave of absence from Pixar and work on this?
Is Vinton doing all of the work?

ps. the fingerboarder LIVES!!

agreenster
01-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Aww man that was sweet. This will definitely be on my must-see list.

Beautiful stuff you guys

baenca00
01-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Mr. Baena
Did you take a leave of absence from Pixar and work on this?
Is Vinton doing all of the work?
ps. the fingerboarder LIVES!!

No. Didn't work on this. I got a chance to see work in progress last year through a friend, and it's a movie I'm totally looking forward to see. I loved the look of it.

Carlos.

ps: fingerboarder lives. word.

harlan_hill
01-21-2005, 11:29 PM
He ONLY cg in this trailer is the rather tacky WB door knocker that opens the teaser. Everything else is pure sweet Stop Mo.

That's phenomenal. You guys have done an amazing job. I thought the door knocker was kinda cool looking though - tacky, yes, but still pretty cool.

I can't wait for this.

harlan_hill
01-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I'd be curious to know how many people are working on this (directly, not all the pencil pushers and what not), and how long does it take you to put something like that together.

Gentle Fury
01-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Totally amazing!!! Nightmare is still one of my all time favorite movies, and this looks just as amazing! Can't wait to hear another incredible Elfman score to go with it too......only no singing this time (hey danny is the only one that can pull it off!!) :(

This is on my most desirable list of 2005!

Oh man! Johnny Depps characters name is Victor! Wonder if this is the same Victor from "Victor", Burtons old animated short.

Geez, it gets better......his fiances name is Victoria! LOL.....Burton, always a die hard Ed Wood fan!

Morganism
01-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Hooray! Stop-motion lives, and it looks excellent!
i'm really excited for this movie.

Cosmo
01-22-2005, 09:31 AM
I am really looking forward to this one.......

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/corpse_bride/large.html

digitalshaman
01-22-2005, 10:00 AM
so am i
but this has already been posted several times

Dutchman
01-22-2005, 11:56 AM
WOOOOOOOOWIE de la WOW! This is just AMAZING!! :bounce: :eek: :bounce: :eek: [out of words...:applause:]
That this can be made on 'my very planet' is just freakin' cool.... Are there more people that agree that Tim Burton and his crew are a miracle from heaven?! :)

The style is the same as my fave film 'Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas'. Burton just can't get this stuff wrong in my eyes. :thumbsup:
Totally agreed! :)

BTW: I feel my fingers 'moving' to a bit of clay here... although I knów I'm bad at stopmotion stuff... :eek: ;)

BURTON.... is just... is just... is just... amazing...!

Enayla
01-22-2005, 12:01 PM
I've honestly watched the trailer about thirty-forty times now.

Yes. I am a 'bit' fanatic. Yes, I am now looking forward to this movie more than I did the lotr triology (which isn't saying a little, where I'm concerned).

If I ever was a real 'fan' for anything or anyone, it was Tim Burton. And as far as Tim Burton goes - this seems to be the ultimate Tim Burton movie. I've already set this movie up as one of the best movies I'll ever see :D And I seriously doubt I'll be disappointed.

(See the above - 'fanatic', etc, I've got my entire place filled with Tim Burton collectibles, a huge Sleepy Hollow poster covering an entire wall and, well, the Headless Horseman rearing back on his horse above my computer. I'm twitching. I can almost not sleep, waiting for this flick. When Halloween hits and I can finally see it, I'll be splitting at the seams with excitement :D :D :D)

I'll not blaspheme and say it's going to be better than tnbc... but, ohmygosh, for the first time in my life I'm looking at something that... might... just... be.... *squeal*

Joss
01-22-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm with you Enayla, errr... minus all the collectibles, but I absolutely love the dark horror from Tim. Sleepy Hollow was it, and Halloween is my favorite holiday--go figure!

Enayla
01-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Heeeh, one doesn't have to be a TOTAL Tim Burton freak like myself to appreciate his work.

And yes, go Halloween :D I was a gargoyle this Halloween, I loved not being recognised by anyone.

Sigh, I just realised that my looking for a biography on Danny Elfman is a hopeless quest - there simply isn't one. Wail. Can't someone write one? :[

Joss
01-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Can't someone write one? :[

Now I would think you're more than qualified for that task... no? Please post a link when you're done. :scream:

Enayla
01-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Hahah :D Oh, I wish I could.

Okay, this'll be my last comment on this movie (well, not really, but for now anyway):

http://www.furiae.com/images/religion.gif

Gentle Fury
01-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Heeeh, one doesn't have to be a TOTAL Tim Burton freak like myself to appreciate his work.

And yes, go Halloween :D I was a gargoyle this Halloween, I loved not being recognised by anyone.

Sigh, I just realised that my looking for a biography on Danny Elfman is a hopeless quest - there simply isn't one. Wail. Can't someone write one? :[

What would you like to know? I've been addicted to Elfman longer than Burton (and thats since Pee Wee ;) )

This is where it all started :)

http://www.forbiddenzonethemovie.com/images/FZ_3D_Cover.jpg

Enayla
01-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Most of what I know about Danny Elfman, I know from biographies I've read about Tim Burton. (I've always been amused at how Burton 'discovered' Elfman, it seemed quite fascinating to me :D

How about you writing a biography, eh, eh? :D

What I want, is more interviews with him. I need to know how he feels and what he thinks. I consider him an absolute genius <3

harlan_hill
01-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Two words: Oingo Boingo!! :)

Paul-Angelo
01-22-2005, 05:21 PM
I got soo excited when I saw this trailer! I am even more excited to see this than Robots or SW Episode 3! I hope they release a new trailer by this summer because I have already watched this one like 20 times. :thumbsup:

Willywo
01-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Nightmare before xmas is my favorite,you know this will be my next favorite,it's just magic to me.:buttrock:

HamsaPaksham
01-23-2005, 01:19 AM
I loved the style and mood.

Undead Fred
01-23-2005, 03:26 AM
It looks awesome so far... but they had me interested from the name alone. The thing that's really been confusing me though, is whether or not it's CG or really really smooth stop-motion. When I first saw the trailer, I immediately thought "man, it's not stop-motion... :sad: " but now that I've heard people saying it IS stop-motion and I watched the trailer again, I'm starting to get really confused. I mean, it's got sort of a "rendered" look to it, and the motions are extremely smooth... I mean, like suspiciously smooth.

I know you guys have been saying it's stop-motion, but does anyone REALLY know for sure? I'm just wondering... this is starting to confuse me.

Either way, it's looking really good. If it's CG, then it's looking really great, but I'm a little disappointed that they wouldn't use stop-motion, but if it's stop-motion, then it's amazing stuff to make people question whether it's CG or not. If anyone has any more info to share, please let us know. Thanks.

RobertoOrtiz
01-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Hahah :D Oh, I wish I could.

Okay, this'll be my last comment on this movie (well, not really, but for now anyway):

http://www.furiae.com/images/religion.gif
That is a cool cartoon.
Do you have any more?

-R

Gentle Fury
01-23-2005, 04:17 AM
It looks awesome so far... but they had me interested from the name alone. The thing that's really been confusing me though, is whether or not it's CG or really really smooth stop-motion. When I first saw the trailer, I immediately thought "man, it's not stop-motion... :sad: " but now that I've heard people saying it IS stop-motion and I watched the trailer again, I'm starting to get really confused. I mean, it's got sort of a "rendered" look to it, and the motions are extremely smooth... I mean, like suspiciously smooth.

I know you guys have been saying it's stop-motion, but does anyone REALLY know for sure? I'm just wondering... this is starting to confuse me.

Either way, it's looking really good. If it's CG, then it's looking really great, but I'm a little disappointed that they wouldn't use stop-motion, but if it's stop-motion, then it's amazing stuff to make people question whether it's CG or not. If anyone has any more info to share, please let us know. Thanks.

Actually it is all hand animated then smoothed using blend frames, the same way they made the bullet time sequences so amazingly fluid from bunch of horribly jumpy still cameras. They morph the frames together created the inbetweens therefore taking away any jumpiness or shake to the images and still preserving the animations integrity. It is a great way to do stop motion.....they didnt have that kind of tech way back when. They did do a lot of grading to the final image too though, giving it a much smoother polished softer feel than nightmare had. Give props to this crew though, this movie is years in the making, and stop motion is rough, even with computer assistance!!

Gentle Fury
01-23-2005, 04:31 AM
anyways Vinton Studios has been the masters of stop motion for years now. One of the best in the biz. Check out their site and look at their stop motion reel. There is some amazingly fluid stop motion on there!

Undead Fred
01-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Ahhh, okay, I feel much better now. I kept thinking "this looks too clean and smooth to be stop-motion...." I get it now. Okay, cool! Good to hear... still looked great either way, but I'm feeling better now that that's all cleared up.

strangelife
01-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Posted several times yet I haven't seen it once...guess i'm not uber cool.

Bravo, Tim Burton and crew, this really looks intriguing.

RockinAkin
01-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Been keeping my eye on this one - looks good so far.

Anyone else notice the main character has - HAIR -
I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass that must have been for the animators to deal with.

dilipale
01-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Dear Gentle Fury,

I don't know where you got your information from about this "frame blending", but as one of the animators on Corpse Bride, I'm a little offended that you are suggesting our hard work is somehow the result of post manipulation to the animation. When it is not.

If you are observing frame blending on the trailer, I would suggest this is a result of the codec compression or some such thing.

There are a few shoots, where for certain reasons they have needed to be speed up or slowed down the action. In these cases, there has been frame blending, which is the natural result of this kind of process. There is however, no blanket "smoothing" process applied to animation.

What you see, is what the team of 20 animators have hand animated...smoothly!

I'm not sure whether to be encouraged or disheartened by the fact that some people can not tell this is stop motion animation.

I think maybe the reason some are confused as to whether this is Stop Motion, or CG, is partly due to the way the characters are made. These are very sophisticated puppets. They are made with silicon skins that photograph beautifully. There skin glows in a way that CG tries to emulate with caustics effects. Also this is the first stop motion movie to be shot with digital cameras. This in turn gives the images a look that is more immediate, and in someways similar to CG.

I hope this has cleared up a few questions.

Ok. Rant over. Move along...move along, there's nothing to see here.

jussing
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Re: dilipale

I too thought this was CG when I first saw the trailer. I was thinking, obviously you had wanted to match the art direction to "Nightmare", but the motion looked too smooth to be stop motion. Only in the clip where the corpse bride rises from the grave did I notice signs of stop motion.

So kudos to you and the team for an incredible achievement. But only 20 animators?? Why so few?

Cheers,
- Jonas

jussing
01-23-2005, 01:41 PM

One more question. I think I noticed nice motion blue some places, so is it not go-motion rather than stop-motion?

-And if so, how does that work, practically?

Cheers,
- Jonas

Paul-Angelo
01-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Posted several times yet I haven't seen it once...guess i'm not uber cool.

Bravo, Tim Burton and crew, this really looks intriguing.

It's the one titled Corpse Bride trailer

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=203945

Nevemind Post - Mods moved the two threads into one.

Enayla
01-23-2005, 03:32 PM
That is a cool cartoon.
Do you have any more?

-R

Yeah, I do :] And thanks. I've got them under 'comics' in my Gallery at furiae.com (A warning, though - the style isn't like that in the earlier ones)

Oh and --

dilipale - I just have to say... Amazing, amazing, amazing work. I can't stop watching the trailer, and I wish that I could shake your hand or something, thank you for doing something so awesome. I really never believed there could be something prettier than Nightmare Before Christmas, but this one seems to prove me wrong. Anyway, just wanted to say: Gorgeous.

Gentle Fury
01-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Dear Gentle Fury,

I don't know where you got your information from about this "frame blending", but as one of the animators on Corpse Bride, I'm a little offended that you are suggesting our hard work is somehow the result of post manipulation to the animation. When it is not.

If you are observing frame blending on the trailer, I would suggest this is a result of the codec compression or some such thing.

There are a few shoots, where for certain reasons they have needed to be speed up or slowed down the action. In these cases, there has been frame blending, which is the natural result of this kind of process. There is however, no blanket "smoothing" process applied to animation.

What you see, is what the team of 20 animators have hand animated...smoothly!

I'm not sure whether to be encouraged or disheartened by the fact that some people can not tell this is stop motion animation.

I think maybe the reason some are confused as to whether this is Stop Motion, or CG, is partly due to the way the characters are made. These are very sophisticated puppets. They are made with silicon skins that photograph beautifully. There skin glows in a way that CG tries to emulate with caustics effects. Also this is the first stop motion movie to be shot with digital cameras. This in turn gives the images a look that is more immediate, and in someways similar to CG.

I hope this has cleared up a few questions.

Ok. Rant over. Move along...move along, there's nothing to see here.

Sorry to have offended, but if you read my post you would have noticed that I never downsized the work being done on this film and said it is a massive feat. In my past experience the only way to get stop motion that amazingly smooth (ie, clothing and hair....not characters) is to do half frame blending. If there is no morphing at all in the whole film well kudos to you all, you are amazing and beyond belief......but its hard to believe that flowing hair and cloth can be absolutely perfect with no post assistance.

anyways, I still say this is going to be the film of the year and I can't wait!

jussing
01-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Re: Gentle Fury

I think it was mostly the attitude of you saying "no, everybody, THIS is how it's done", sounding like you knew how it was done, when in fact... you didn't. :)

A person who's only guessing should make it clear he's only guessing.

Cheers,
- Jonas

dilipale
01-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Fury

I may have over reacted. Ok I did over react. I do not mean to be antagonist. I am very glad that you are looking forward to this movie. I only hope that the film will live up to the high expectations everyone seems to have.

I'm not going to say these blending techniques will not be employed on the film for some shots, because they will be in places. There will be a few shots that incorporate cg elements too.

But there was just a hint in your post that the smoothness of the animation was due to a computer process, rather than the skill of the animators. I believe a craftsperson should be proud of their work. A lot of painstaking physical effort goes into the shooting of this film, and even hinting that that hard work is just the result of a computer programme diminishes the artistry in my view. You'll have to forgive, but I felt then need to clarify things.

On a separate but related issue. And this is not directed at anyone, so please don't take offence, it is merely an observation.
Animation of whatever type (CG, Stop Mo, 2D) is not good simply because it is smooth. I have seen very smooth animation that was totally dead and lifeless. Animation is good when it full of character, reflects human nature, and conveys emotion that an audience can relate to. Trying to imbue characters with some sort of soul is much harder, but far more rewarding than fixating on smoothness.

Jussing - Why only 20 Animators?

Well, the budget on this film is only so big! If you add extra animators, you need to employ more camera crews to serves them. You would need more sets and more puppets. These things can not be cut and pasted from one folder to another remember, they have to be constructed and fabricated. The extra sets would need more lights to light them, more studio space to set them up in and so on and so on. You get the idea anyway.

The motion blur is sometimes done by the animator on set moving the character by some means during the cameras exposure. Other times it is done in post. images/icons/icon11.gif

Enayla

Thank you for your complements. Your work is stunning, beautiful, evocative and inspiring. I have one of your wallpapers on my desktop. Can't wait for your book.

mattmos
01-23-2005, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the insight. I was also blown away by the smoothness of the stop-motion, doing an entire feature on ones with only 20 animators is a huge task, you guys must have worked your socks off! I'm glad the decision was made to go every frame though, it's one of the things I really like about Barry Purves' work for example, just feels more alive.

As with everybody else I am really looking forward to this :)

Edit: I totally agree with the points made above though, it has to be said. No amount of frames per second can make up for bad animation ;)

ArtisticVisions
01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh man, this is going to be swwweeeeeeeet! :applause:

jussing
01-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Jussing - Why only 20 Animators?

Well, the budget on this film is only so big!
Yea, I guess I could have told myself that. It's just that stop-motion being such a careful and slow process, and this one being so super-smooth and all, and on top of everything, it's a feature length project, I just imagined you'd need 100 animators or so.

And I guess it makes me even more jealous that only such a microscopic part of our popolation gets to be a part of this. :D

But thanks for your insight so far, I hope you're still hanging out here when the movie comes out, cause we're going to flood you with questions when we've seen it.

Cheers,
- Jonas

PS, did you try to attach a picture of motion blur or something? ...that icon11.gif thingy?

elmasfeo
01-23-2005, 09:37 PM
wow! this is going to be awesome...:drool: dilipale and all the team, congratulations!
The hair movement in the main character is completely amazing, how on earth can anybody do that with stop motion??? :eek: the rest of the animation is great too... we'll be counting days for next Halloween....

I have to ask anyone of you for a favour... my spoken/listened english is much worse than my written/readed english (mainly because of internet), and I don't get to understand completely what they are saying in the trailer, so if somebody could write it down, I'll be very thankful...:)

cheers

Undead Fred
01-23-2005, 10:14 PM
But there was just a hint in your post that the smoothness of the animation was due to a computer process, rather than the skill of the animators. I believe a craftsperson should be proud of their work. A lot of painstaking physical effort goes into the shooting of this film, and even hinting that that hard work is just the result of a computer programme diminishes the artistry in my view. You'll have to forgive, but I felt then need to clarify things.

Actually, I'm much happier to hear that it's fully stop-motion with little computer help. Once again, my initial impression of the trailer was very good, but I was kind of disappointed because I thought the Tim Burton crew had turned away from stop-motion and used CG instead. Like I said before, the motion looked too smooth to be stop-motion, and the surfaces sort of looked similar to CG. I'm very glad to hear that this isn't true, and the team is still dedicated to stop-motion and they've put in the time and effort to make it look really great. I have a feeling that people are really going to love this movie.

On a separate but related issue. And this is not directed at anyone, so please don't take offence, it is merely an observation.
Animation of whatever type (CG, Stop Mo, 2D) is not good simply because it is smooth. I have seen very smooth animation that was totally dead and lifeless. Animation is good when it full of character, reflects human nature, and conveys emotion that an audience can relate to. Trying to imbue characters with some sort of soul is much harder, but far more rewarding than fixating on smoothness.
I completely realize that. I've also seen very smooth animation that looked horrible, and lower framerate animation that looked good. Character and emotion and so forth are top priority, and ultra-smoothness is secondary. It's even better when movies like this feature both, though. In terms of my comments on smoothness before, they were just comments about the technique used, rather than whether or not that made it good animation. Even when I thought it was CG, I thought the animation looked great. I appreciate how much effort goes into any kind of animation, especially when it comes to making extremely smooth stop-motion or 2D animation (especially since you have to do all the in-betweens yourself).

All that said, I'll repeat myself once again- Corpse Bride is looking very good. And I'm very happy to hear that it really is stop-motion.

t°mmi
01-25-2005, 01:23 PM
@elmasfeo

"tomorrow, victoria, we ought to be m....mm......m.. - married!
you may kiss the bride...
marvellous news [not sure 'bout this one], daughter, there will be a wedding after all!
can the living marry the dead?
darling? where are you going?
play dead!"

hope this helps a bit;)

elmasfeo
01-25-2005, 03:19 PM
"tomorrow, victoria, we ought to be m....mm......m.. - married!
you may kiss the bride...
marvellous news [not sure 'bout this one], daughter, there will be a wedding after all!
can the living marry the dead?
darling? where are you going?
play dead!"

hope this helps a bit;)

thanks tºmmy! specially the father's sentence was a complete mystery to me, hehehe, thanks a lot!

eMPeck
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
... I'm counting days to the relase, and making scratches on the wall ...

Trailer is awesome, I love ( :love: ) everything, mood, backgrounds, characters, everything... WHY I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG???

stunner
01-25-2005, 04:06 PM
looks awesome !!!

stupido
01-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Just saw the trailer and was blown away. that looks great and whats even more great is that my buddy just got a job there! although that is making me slightly jealous the more i think about it...but great work!

etana
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Animation of whatever type (CG, Stop Mo, 2D) is not good simply because it is smooth.Absolutely... and I'm probably going to get myself into trouble here by saying this, but I think we CG animators (myself included) have to be really, really careful about this temptation to over-smooth because it's one of those things that is so easy to do in the computer... add two keyframes and the computer mathematically interpolates the absolute smoothest path between them. The great trap this seems to create is a lot of 'mushy' animation--particularly when one is starting out.

Anyways, I am so excited about Corpse Bride, and thank you again for providing us a bit of a sneak peek on the process.

Keiyentai
02-03-2005, 01:34 AM
*Drools* I want to see that. Dear god I want to.

Laseranders
04-17-2005, 09:23 AM
I would have liked it to be CG because normally CG looks like crap (not always but it's too clean and shiny mostly) and you can immidietly see that it's CG. Had this been CG it would have been so cool, so i'm a little bit disappointed.
Has anyone tried faking Stop-motion animation in CG?
I'd like to see it some day. Possibly try it myself.

Anyway, Corpse Bride looks awesome.

Dearmad
04-17-2005, 04:20 PM
I would have liked it to be CG because normally CG looks like crap (not always but it's too clean and shiny mostly) and you can immidietly see that it's CG. Had this been CG it would have been so cool, so i'm a little bit disappointed.
Has anyone tried faking Stop-motion animation in CG?
I'd like to see it some day. Possibly try it myself.

Anyway, Corpse Bride looks awesome.

http://amfilms.hash.com/search/Entry.php?entry=877

And I don't get what I'm supposed to infer from: "I wish it was CG because normally CG looks like crap."

Laseranders
07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
http://amfilms.hash.com/search/Entry.php?entry=877

And I don't get what I'm supposed to infer from: "I wish it was CG because normally CG looks like crap."

It was a nice try, but they don't manage to go all the way. Some movements nd parts of models look great but it's still far to obvious that it's CG and those parts honestly look terrible.

Well, it's like eating cheap food that tastes great, but someone tell you it's expencive food and you get disappointed because you realize that you can't afford to eat it every day :)

I know it's a bit weird, i'm sorry :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.