PDA

View Full Version : Motionblur from 100fps Sequence

__Peter__
01-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello :)

I have serious problems with the Motioblur in my 3D application.

Anyway: I can increase the Framerate to, lets say 100fps, import the targa-sequence into AE as 25fps and then
Make it 4 times faster. Applying the Frame-Blending I get something like an motionblur to it.

Is there a better way to do it ? Maybe with interpolation or dithering for the phases. To get a better motionblur instead of a 4 picture-picture ?

There is a Plugin "revision reelsmart" that simulaties motionblur. I tried the demo, but its useless to me. Doesnt look very smooth. No wonder as there is massive information missing.

Thanks for Your help !

__Peter__

opus13
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
what 3d application?

im not sure about the implementation in maya, but in max and xsi you can use mental rays motion blue with some nice results. of course rendering times go throught the roof...

__Peter__
01-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I am using Cinema4D. And its Scenemotionblur usually works excellent. But I have a special case where it does not. I am allready discussing the problem with the supportteam of maxon.

Anyway, as I do need motionblur my only remaining ideas it reandering more frames per secornd and find a way to blend or dither them.

Who knows a way ?

Thanks again!

__Peter__

pierrejasmin
02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
For high speed content, maybe try to export motion vectors from Cinema 4D for RSMB MV IN using Vixol, the free Cinema 4D plugin from Core Arsenal

Pierre
http://www.revisionfx.com/generalfaqsMVFrom3D.htm

I am using Cinema4D. And its Scenemotionblur usually works excellent. But I have a special case where it does not. I am allready discussing the problem with the supportteam of maxon.

Anyway, as I do need motionblur my only remaining ideas it reandering more frames per secornd and find a way to blend or dither them.

Who knows a way ?

Thanks again!

__Peter__

Rapier
02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Here is a link to something that may be of use. The only catch is, you have to have your animation rendered in fields. Could be helpfull though.

http://www.dvinfo.net/articles/filmlook/broadway1.php

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.