PDA

View Full Version : Parallel blender issue

sabathyus
01-21-2005, 04:03 AM
Hey, see if anyone can help me out with this one: I set up a facial rig using clusters. But I botched it by using parallel clusters instead of default cluster. And now it conflicts with my bound skin. Is there a way to flip the parallel clusters back to default or something else? Any insight is good.
Sabathyus

M.E.L.
01-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Parallel clusters? You mean you created them as Relative?

If that's the case, just pop open the Attribute Editor on the selected cluster(s) and simply uncheck Relative.

sabathyus
01-21-2005, 08:33 AM
I understand what you're thinking and I wish it was that simple. I'm familiar with the Relative checkbox (and they are unchecked). It's more like the opposite problem. Let's say you're facing East and your jaw is pulled down by a cluster. You turn to the west, south, and north but your jaw cluster still rotates as if you were facing East. That means it's rotating lopsided on North and South and pivoting totally wrong when facing West. Is there a way to change the advanced options from Parallel to Default?

M.E.L.
01-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey man,

I follow what you're saying, unfortunately after toying with a few examples and literally having looked through every attribute I could find (MEL listing and all) I cannot find a way for you to switch your clusters from their parallel state to a default or otherwise. Even when I was sifting through the deformers outputs it cannot be changed from there. Sorry to say man but it looks like you may be fubar'd in this case...I will let you know if I find anything helpful at all.

-shawn

sabathyus
01-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks anyways. I figured from my own reading there wasn't much to do about it. It's just nice to know someone could confirm that.

Which makes me wonder... when/how would you use a parallel blender properly? I've seen all these example at the master classes (haven't had time to reproduce them yet) and they use them alot. What prevents their rigs from messing up in the same way?

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.