PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball problems...HELP

slice56
09-09-2002, 11:07 AM
I am texturing the model below, and I just cant seem to get teh eyeballs the way i want them. Any tips/techniques on what the spec should be set at for the eye, whether or not it should be a layered shader, consisting of a colored ramp for the eyeball, and then a transparent/shiny coating for the shininess of teh eye? BTW, im working in Maya, and right now im using a layered shader and its just not looking right. ANy ideas?

heres the pic:

Akira Model (http://www.cgchat.com/board/attachment.php?s=&postid=69218)

Delucubus
09-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Best thing to do is to scoure the web for references. Look for other images of eyes people have done. You could probably even find some anatomy web sites with pictures of eyes. Use those to paint your own.

As far as the shader goes, I'm not too familiar with maya but... For geometry make sure you have your eye object and a copy of it set in front of the original. The copy should have the center pushed out a bit (sorry, I can't remember parts of the actualy eye, this is all from memory). That area that is pushed out a bit will pick up highlights much like in real life. Sorry if this is kinda vague, if you need more help let me know I can do up an example, or I'm sure some one else knows of some other references.

slice56
09-09-2002, 10:34 PM
ok, thx! Ill try and let you know how it turns out

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.