PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Velocity

DgtlRtst
01-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Hello again everyone,
Here's my second Digital Illustration using Alias Sketchbook Pro. Ryan Church's style definitely inspired me to create a sky environment. I still have to add additional detail to the inner cockpit, instrument panel, and scratches to the outside window. Questions, comments, suggestions, and critiques are always welcome. Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/DgtlRtst/ExtremeVelocity_wip02.jpg

Cadron
01-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Nice job indeed! looks awesome,

One comment that i do have is with your design. I feel that the character driving the vehicle looks out of place (and i dont mean sitting in the wrong spot!) more that he helmet for instance looks so very different (perhaps foreign) to the ship he drives. Not being able to see the reast of the ship it is hard to comment but from this view point that would be my main crit. they dont look consistant in design. but then again perhaps thats just me, or maybe its intensional.

Appart form that you have wanderful control over colours and painting in general (very ryan church!) - keep up the awesome work!

Regards - Cade

Ognus
01-21-2005, 03:59 AM
Its very polished. Youve got some definite nice touches in there.
My crit is that the cockpit window, how its kind of a double bubble, looks very non slick. Everything else looks slick and areodynamic, but that doesnt.
Also the curve right by the letter "P" that curves up and to the right, doesnt mold into the plane. It has kind of an abrupt edge. The white line is a bit too hard.

_Wildcard_
01-21-2005, 09:37 AM
I love that outfit, looks awesome! As cadron said, he kinda seems out of place in that ship, though it may be a bit late to completely rework the ship or himhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Awesome work, though!

Ognus
01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
I dont think it matters if he goes with the ship or not. Maybe he stole the ship, or won it in a bet.
Its hard to critique context. Chewbacca doesnt look like he goes with the millenium falcon. Here is a big hairy dog man and he is in a warp speed space ship. Its odd. But when the story is told, it fits.

I dont think there is anything wrong with mixing and matching looks, infact it can be a very useful tool.

_Wildcard_
01-21-2005, 09:02 PM
hmm, good point!

Walrusmann
01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
that is a good point cause he kinda looks like a high stakes better or a mercenary somethin like that

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.