PDA

View Full Version : Original Chracter: Spider hunter\ant

Kragen
01-20-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm trying a new smudge style in my 2d work. This is just a practice I was was wondering how it looks so far. Things like the lighing and color scheme

Thank you

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/6893/dipatched3np.jpg

Ognus
01-21-2005, 03:32 PM
The smudge technique is all fine and good. Its the composition that needs work. I think the camera needs to back up a little more, allowing us to see the ants full weapon, and the womans full head tail. Also, none of her weapons look poised to attack the ant. She seems almost aloof as her foot plows into its cheek.
Also, ants are brittle little things, his cheek seems kind of rubbery. especially considering you have a brittle armor kind of texture on the rest of the ant.

Walrusmann
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
i agree she seems kinda la la la does this hurt yet and maybe a perspective a little more from the top would help but the smudge thing looks good

Kragen
01-22-2005, 03:07 AM
when I began to color it I could see my I could see that all her power wasn't in the foot as I originally thought. so I threw the prject to the wayside and focused more on the coloring as a practice but I stll need to work at it more.
thx for the input

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.