PDA

View Full Version : New Character

KevinJM
01-20-2005, 03:32 PM
I started a new comic of mine some time ago and this is my first character concept.I had to abandon the project due to lack of time but now i decided to finish it. Any comments most welcomed.:thumbsup:

Rudeone
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I like ur style, not much to crit except for the left arm, it's to short compared to the right one.

I'm sorry, but should I know you from some comic?.
keep it up!

daadaa
01-20-2005, 05:50 PM
hey dude, awsome pic once again! ... im searching hard to find a real crit... but somethink i did notice is that he has a load of arrows, and in his hand is what looks to be a javin not a bow.... isnt that big of an issue but its the only one i can find :P

JARhead
01-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Nice hands! I always had trouble with drawing hands and feet, but it looks like you got the whole thing down. Vary nice, no crits from me.

_Wildcard_
01-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Great drawing. Definitely a comic feel to it! Nothing negative to say about it really.

Walrusmann
01-21-2005, 10:33 PM
i like it alot dont have any thing negative to say but i gotta tell ya that where his rib cage ends jutts out alot looks kinda like the werewolf/vampire guy from underworld but if thats what you were goin for im not knockin it

still great stuff though keep it up

KevinJM
01-22-2005, 02:21 AM
RudeoneI like ur style, not much to crit except for the left arm, it's to short compared to the right one.

I'm sorry, but should I know you from some comic?.
keep it up!

Thanks mate.You are right about that left arm.I don`t think you will know me as i am more popular in Mauritius for drawing comics for a local newspaper.

daadaahey dude, awsome pic once again! ... im searching hard to find a real crit... but somethink i did notice is that he has a load of arrows, and in his hand is what looks to be a javin not a bow.... isnt that big of an issue but its the only one i can find :P

Hmmm wise remark here.That`s right.Thanks mate.

JARheadNice hands! I always had trouble with drawing hands and feet, but it looks like you got the whole thing down. Vary nice, no crits from me.

Thanks mate.Well i is not difficult if you try drawing everything in construction lines and geometry first.Everything will seem simple if you construct your sketch first.

Wildcard_Great drawing. Definitely a comic feel to it! Nothing negative to say about it really.

Thanks Dude!!!

Walrusmanni like it alot dont have any thing negative to say but i gotta tell ya that where his rib cage ends jutts out alot looks kinda like the werewolf/vampire guy from underworld but if thats what you were goin for im not knockin it

still great stuff though keep it up

Many thanks for replying dude.In fact it was intentional.Thanks for comments.

KevinJM
01-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Another one i did when i was 17 (now24).At that time i was very influenced by japanese manga and marvel comics.This is a very old one.C/C most welcomed :thumbsup:

Rudeone
01-22-2005, 03:31 AM
damn! you did this when you were 17!? dude you got some serious talent!

I always was into drawing comics (now i'm more into concept art and artwork for games, also learning 3ds max, but still interested in comics) and when I was 17 (currently 23) I toughed I was good, but compared to this my old work looks like crap!
Got nothing to crit, looks awesome, keep it up!

KevinJM
01-22-2005, 03:47 PM
damn! you did this when you were 17!? dude you got some serious talent!

I always was into drawing comics (now i'm more into concept art and artwork for games, also learning 3ds max, but still interested in comics) and when I was 17 (currently 23) I toughed I was good, but compared to this my old work looks like crap!
Got nothing to crit, looks awesome, keep it up!

Hey thax mate.:love: This really encourages me a lot.:twisted:

KevinJM
01-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi mates, here`s another one i did in th year 2000. Its a personal project.I wanted to draw wolverine with my character after their battle.Your comments and critic is most welcomed.:thumbsup:

KevinJM
01-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Another one done in 2001. C/C most welcomed. Thx:thumbsup:

niva
01-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Hello,

Your work is amazing and you have incredible skills. I'm surprised you've not pursued or broken into the pro field of drawing comics with the little work you've posted here. The majority of pros can learn a lot from you.

Anyways, your first pic of the warrior, no major crits from me but he looks like a lightweight younger and cuter version of Arnold as Conan.

The last drawing of the dancer girl while more realistically proportioned as a human seems to me has shorter legs but maybe it's just me.

Great work, keep it up because it motivates me to keep sketching and lately I've devoted more time to learning 3D then I should perhaps :wise:

Check out one of the sketches I made a couple of days ago if you get a chance. The amazing part is that I can feel myself getting better with each drawing in this style, this one only took me about 5 hours where I would've wasted 3 or 4 times as much on it a couple months ago.

htt://e7.shanky.com/files/dwarf_ranger.htm

niva
01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
One thing I forgot, I really like your Wolverine, awesome :thumbsup:

Dynasty
01-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Yo man i think your drawings are awesome and i really love them. One thing i wanted to ask you is where did you learn how to draw muscles. When im drawing i have difficulties drawing the muscles and the lines on the arm n legs. If you have any tutorial on this i would really appreaciate it. Keep up the AMAZING work. :thumbsup:

KevinJM
01-24-2005, 11:52 PM
nivaHello,

Your work is amazing and you have incredible skills. I'm surprised you've not pursued or broken into the pro field of drawing comics with the little work you've posted here. The majority of pros can learn a lot from you.

Anyways, your first pic of the warrior, no major crits from me but he looks like a lightweight younger and cuter version of Arnold as Conan.

The last drawing of the dancer girl while more realistically proportioned as a human seems to me has shorter legs but maybe it's just me.

Great work, keep it up because it motivates me to keep sketching and lately I've devoted more time to learning 3D then I should perhaps :wise:

Check out one of the sketches I made a couple of days ago if you get a chance. The amazing part is that I can feel myself getting better with each drawing in this style, this one only took me about 5 hours where I would've wasted 3 or 4 times as much on it a couple months ago.

htt://e7.shanky.com/files/dwarf_ranger.htm

Many thanks for your comments and critics.I`ll take them seriously into consideration.I had a look at yourr site and your work,that`s really great stuff you got there mate.Seems as if we live in the same world.I really love your style too.You seems to know pretty lots of stuffs in american comics. Keep it up mate.

DynastyYo man i think your drawings are awesome and i really love them. One thing i wanted to ask you is where did you learn how to draw muscles. When im drawing i have difficulties drawing the muscles and the lines on the arm n legs. If you have any tutorial on this i would really appreaciate it. Keep up the AMAZING work. :thumbsup:

Hey dude,you are only 14 and you draw like that. You`re a little genius man.Can`t imagine what you`ll be in some years time mate.My only advice for nice muscles drawing is to first of all referece yourself on site like :

http://www.fineart.sk/ (http://www.fineart.sk/)
http://www.3d.sk/ (http://www.3d.sk/)

They are many other references like the Andrew loomis book which is the best according to me.First of all draw from real life, then try to develop your own style.But remember that though reference is very important, practice is even more.There`s no magic potion for that.Just draw draw and draw.One last thing, just like jaques de fontaine said :Observation is the key mate.

I am now posting another one done in 2002.It`s our good old Spidey:wise:.Hope you like it.
thanks you all.

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey Niva, Just had another look at your Dwarf Ranger :thumbsup:
I really like your new style.The character does have this massive and strong warrior attitude which i really like. I would really like to see some more drawings of yours as i`ve been browsing your site but i haven`t seen anymore of your work:sad:. If there`s any please send me

the link.I`m always eager to see other nice artists work.:bounce:

niva
01-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey dean, I've been busy the last few days playing around with Flash. I wish I had more time to do this because since I joined cgtalk I've been so motivated to just move forward with this. Unfortunately real life is keeping me in check and I only have so many hours in the day.

For Dynasty, one thing that helped me learn to draw muscles is bodybuilding magazines and referencing magazines/pictures of pro bodybuilders is very helpful when trying to draw superheros. While the comic books have existed for years these days there are living humans that look like that! You can just use the internet and browse www.flexonline.com (http://www.flexonline.com) and get amazing reference pics but the magazine coverage is better. Even if you don't want to draw your heros so muscular it helps a great deal to know how muscles fit under the skin in general.

Anyways, I'll post a few other things up before the end of the week. Some of it is older work. I really want to use more Flash on my website though and I'm thinking about how to redesign it and that will eat away at any time I have for actual new art right now.

shyamshriram
01-25-2005, 04:51 PM
dean080580 U have AMAZING TALENTS....I like all ur comic drawings....keep it up mate :thumbsup:

KevinJM
01-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Another sketch done in 2003,My cool swordmaster.:scream:

punketkev
01-27-2005, 01:56 PM
hi dean,
i really love your drawings, looks like you are born for it. i wish you all the best. someone who cares a lot for you.

punketkev
01-27-2005, 02:00 PM
hi dean,
i really love your drawings, looks like you are born for it. i wish you all the best. you are doing greathttp://www.cgtalk.com/newreply.php#

punketkev
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
hi dean,
i think you have an exceptional talent,it looks like you are born for it. i love all your drawings. i wish you all the best. you are great

Rudeone
01-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Why are there 3 (almost) the same replies? Wanted to edit your post, but accidentally posted new replies?

I have to agree tough, Dean is a verry talented artist, I think many people wish to have his skills

punketkev
01-28-2005, 04:00 AM
sorry for 3 same replies, i thought it was not working.
hi dean, you really know your anatomy. i really like the way you draw those muscles on your characters... specially the demons,but where are the Gods..joking.. by the way you have a good imagination.
see you

KevinJM
01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
This is a character concept i`m actually working on,I think that i`ll continue this thread with this character development.I am going to finish this one and post the WIP in this thread.I Wanted to make a snake like character staring at a normal snake and the title will be : Alikes attract each other:buttrock:.The scene will be very gloomy but yet attactive,So this is the first sketch. C/c most welcome.Thx for visiting my thread dudes.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.