PDA

View Full Version : Hermione and Ron in Herboligy

CodeNothing
01-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Im a Harry Potter fanatic! And i decided i needed to build up my CG illustration for my web page. So i decided to draw a HP concept. Took me about 5 or 6 hours. Hermiones face was giving me alot of trouble because the lighting in my reference photo needed to be changed. I realy enjoyed doing this, i think im gona make some more HP stuff this week. :) mabie i can try to use a HP theme in the daily sketch! rock on! lol :scream:

http://img75.exs.cx/img75/5410/herboligysmall7uk.gif

http://img147.exs.cx/img147/929/herboligycopy8jl.th.jpg (http://img147.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img147&image=herboligycopy8jl.jpg)

Illumino
01-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Nice! You have a lovely impressionistic style, nice characterisation in the faces too. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff, the daily sketch forum is a brilliant place to get the inspiration going and become more productive, as I've found recently!

I..

hpslashluvr
01-21-2005, 01:26 PM
YAY! ANOTHER HP FANATIC! *does a little dance* :thumbsup: nice job!

Faeroon
01-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow - I just stumbled across your thread and...wow!
Ron and Hermione look great! I especially like Ron's expression ("huh? what the..."),
it's just like I envisioned him from the books, much better than the movie-Ron!
(not that he's overly bad, but... you know... dunno... :shrug: )

I'm keeping an eye out for more HP stuff from you, might shorten the waiting period
for "The Half-Blood Prince" :D :thumbsup:

PS: Just curious - which program did you use? Painter? Photoshop?

CodeNothing
01-22-2005, 10:51 PM
all photoshop. I realy want to make some more HP pics, but its hard to come up with original ideas that wont look like they are just from the movies :shrug:

but im workin on it. :)

roan
01-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Wow that image is so HP! :D I can't wait for book 6 too! :D (The 3rd movie sucks though.)

Anyway, they don't seem to be looking at the plant... or maybe you really meant it that way. Also, why is Hermione blurrier than Ron?

Art2
01-23-2005, 09:13 AM
codenothing , nice work!

If your planning to do a whole range of HP paintings, you could start by making some conceptart first to determin the looks and how it relates to the movie.
Maybe this way you'll come up with original and useful ideas.

CodeNothing
01-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow that image is so HP! :D I can't wait for book 6 too! :D (The 3rd movie sucks though.)

Anyway, they don't seem to be looking at the plant... or maybe you really meant it that way. Also, why is Hermione blurrier than Ron?

Hermione is blurry because of depth of field. She is further away from the "camera"

codenothing , nice work!

If your planning to do a whole range of HP paintings, you could start by making some conceptart first to determin the looks and how it relates to the movie.
Maybe this way you'll come up with original and useful ideas.

Good idea! i think ill do that tonight. :) mabie ill do concepts for "order of the phoenix" and send them in to WB so they will hire me. LOL :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.