PDA

View Full Version : Rig-Demo

Burkester
01-20-2005, 03:46 AM
This is a quick walkthrough of a typical rig set-up i currently use and find most affective. Done in Maya 6.0

feel free to coment

http://www.burkesterworks.com/rig.htm (http://www.burkesterworks.com/rig.htm)

enjoy : )

Burke

twisztdauthority
01-20-2005, 03:52 AM
wow, thats the nicest rig ive seen so far

rhino23
01-20-2005, 05:25 AM
I'm no pro, but that looks like a great rig. Pretty similar to most I have seen, but I really like the finger controls, as well as the chest expanding. Setup is clean and intuitive. Nice work!

Bingo Bango
01-20-2005, 12:13 PM
thats great man.

the whole time the reel is running, and you're showing what it can do, the expression on his face is great! he looks so shocked that you're moving his body about without his permission poor guy!

:)

nice work!

M.E.L.
01-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey man, nice stuff you got going on there :)

Couple little crits though on the overall bits of the rig :)

- try to keep the hand controls on one specific object, animators generally like to pick a control, see organized channels (splays organized into channels, curls etc).

- drop that facial UI into it's own window, the UI looks great and very intuitive, but it also sort of takes up quite a bit of space in the window there, try moving it into a floating window with the viewport built into it :)

- the breathing is a very cool approach, something I have never seen before, but again scaling a nurbs sphere up and down can get a little intensive for the animators (when building a rig, picture what the scene would look like with 20 characters in it...or, duplicate the rig 20 times and place it around!).

- * not sure if this is in there but I couldn't see it * you should always try and give the animators two hip controllers to work with, one that moves the characters hips without moving the hands around and one that has the hands parented into it (makes posing a sinch for a lot of animators).

overall, a pretty cool and clean rig man :) Works well for that character and the facial targets look really well done. Keep it up!

-shawn

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.