PDA

View Full Version : Silent Invasion

DgtlRtst
01-20-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey everyone,
This is my first post on CGTalk, but you have probably seen this illustration on other sites. This image was created 20% in Photoshop and 80% in Alias Sketchbook Pro. I started this a while ago and it's just a personal project which I revisit when time permits. This was my first Digital Illustration. I hope you all like it and feel free to leave comments, suggestions, critiques, or money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/DgtlRtst/Silent_Invasion_wip2.jpg

Ognus
01-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Like your other picture, this has some very good touches. What I would work on for future pictures, is anatomy. THe spine seems twisted off of the pelis, almost like the spine wants to look at me, but the pelvis wants to look away from me. I guess this would be okay if written into the story as being a characteristic of the alien.

You have a good eye for things that look good. You are gonna just keep getting better and better.

I recommend leaving this picture for good, and starting on something new. No use continuing to better a picture that has fundemental anatomical flaws. it will be heartbreaking to put that much time into it and then have it seem less than what you are capable of. I would work on the hand that isnt holding the weapon, the butt, and the spine. either that or erase the legs and the empty hand, and re-approach them. THe butt cheek seems to go too har in. The spine, more specifically the tail bone, should occupy the middle of the butt.

I will say however, your stuff looks very very good and polished.

Walrusmann
01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
personally i like it more than your others but again thats just me

i like the characer design you created its got a very aleins mixed with preetor feel to it and i like the way hes holding the weapon i say keep at this one could turn out very cool

my only crit is that maybe you should put more action in the point hes looking at give him a reason to look so tense

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.