PDA

View Full Version : Converting LScripts from 5.6 to 7.5

Steve Warner
09-09-2002, 04:02 AM
Is it possible to convert scripts written for Lightwave 5.6 so that they'll work with version 7.5?

I've found the following script:

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Downloads/SeanzDialTicks5-6.zip

It creates dials/gauges, however it won't work with Lightwave 7.5. Here's a pic of the interface:

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Downloads/presdt.gif

I've tried emailing the author, but his email is gone and my messages get bounced back to me. Can anyone with scripting experience tell me if this can be converted?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Cman
09-09-2002, 04:46 AM
Well, there was only one line that made the error.
I fixed it.
Can't promise it works as described, but I got it to create a simple dial just hitting OK straight through, until it said "Choose a font", I said "Proceed" and it worked.

isnowboard
09-09-2002, 05:58 AM
I'm not going to use this, but just wanted to point out the LWers used to surprise me with their generosity and help, but I realized that it can't be a surprise if everyone just keeps on helping. You programmer people really amaze me, and that fact you give away your time to help with fixing stuff and free scripts are great. Good on you CMan.:beer:

wgreenlee1
09-09-2002, 07:08 AM
Thats the whole reason(well most of the reason that I went with Lightwave,the community rules!!!
Excellent helpful people,tons of free stuff like this to help out with stuff,Excellent community,I cant say that enough!!!:p

dzogchen
09-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by isnowboard
I'm not going to use this, but just wanted to point out the LWers used to surprise me with their generosity and help, but I realized that it can't be a surprise if everyone just keeps on helping. You programmer people really amaze me, and that fact you give away your time to help with fixing stuff and free scripts are great. Good on you CMan.:beer:

My exact sentiment.:applause:

uncommongrafx
09-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Actually, Sean fixed it. As I was downloading, I saw the 7.5 version in me box. So, even the author has caught up.

Seems he's doing the others, as well.

Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Cman
09-09-2002, 01:24 PM
Where's his site?
I tried the link listed in the lscript, but nothing showed up.
I'd like to see what else he's got too. :)

uncommongrafx
09-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Made me work for this one...:D :D

Try here, at the chrome cow:
http://chromecow.electrondreams.com/
:buttrock: :buttrock:
Robert Wilson
UnCommon Grafx

Chewey
09-09-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Cman
Well, there was only one line that made the error.
I fixed it.
Can't promise it works as described, but I got it to create a simple dial just hitting OK straight through, until it said "Choose a font", I said "Proceed" and it worked.

CMAN ROCKS!!

Talk about one cool dude!

Steve Warner
09-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Cman, you rule! :buttrock: Thanks so much for the fix.

Robert, do you know how I can get in touch with Sean? He has some nice stuff on his site. I'd like to be able to thank him properly for the use of his script.

Thanks!

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.