PDA

View Full Version : Help decipher this tutorial

Edalgo Alvarez
01-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, I've decided to start modelling Earth using this tutorial: http://personal.southern.edu/~dascott/tutorial01/nasa-earth.htm but I've noticed that some things seem to be different than my Lightwave 8.

For example: Step 1 says make the diameter 176.2Km, so would I make the x, y, and z axis 176.2Km?

Second, in step 3 with the size tool. It wants me to increase the diameter by entering 100.2%. Now I did this in the "factor" box, but didnt notice any change at all. Is it because this is supposed to be on a different layer whenever I change surfaces and what not, or am I supposed to put 102% in the x, y, and z axis again? Or maybe I won't notice any change.

Also a question about layers and surfaces. If I change the size of the sphere and add a layer to it, since its the same sphere, arent I just saving over the initial surfaces I've given it?

Thanks for the help guys.

Zarathustra
01-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Question1: radius is half the length of diameter. In Ball Numeric, radius X, Y and Z would be 88.1 km
Question2: Did you read the part that follows? The part that says "click 'apply'"?
Question3: huh? Please rephrase your question.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.