PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Text In AE Help!!

DrEvilBear
01-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I've found an excellent plugin for after effects called Trapcode Shine

I'm sure many of the users of this forum will be aware of it, and what it does. Basically it makes beams of light shine 'through' the text object, and is possible to make it move from side to side.

I love this plugin, and what it does, but cannot afford a full verison at the moment, until i get paid for the job i want to use it for!

so i'm looking to find a similar plugin, but a free one.

does anyone know of such a thing?

or if not,could someone direct me as to how to create a similar effect using AE's standard effects?

Thanks for anybody that helps, that'll really help me out :)

Cheers

Matt

bobtilton
01-19-2005, 06:58 PM
You could use a duplicate of the text layer, mask a soft-edged circle, and use a combination of radial blur (zoom) and gaussian blur. Set that layer to "screen" calculation and duplicate that layer a couple of times, varying the settings of the blur filters. Also, you'll need to colorize the layers using hue/saturation filter. Then just animate the center point of the radial blur (on all of the layers). It's a pretty beefy render time, but that may put you in the direction of the Trapcode Shine plugin - obviously not all the way there - it's an amazing plugin.
hope this helps!

DrEvilBear
01-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Hi Bob

Cheers for the advice, that could work, I'll have to give it a go.

Thanks again

Matt

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.