PDA

View Full Version : Tweak

Marlboro-Man
01-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Just a quick question guys,

I'm using the tweak ( t ) function in Modo and tweaking some elements. I've noticed it's alot slower during the translation process than compared with if i just selected some verts or polys and moved them instead. It kinda lags a bit during the tweaking process and it's getting pretty irritating.

Please let me know if it's just me experiencing this or do some others get it as well?

Regards,

M-Man

DanSilverman
01-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I use tweak (t) for almost all of my "adjusting" and I am not experiencing any slowdowns on my system. On the other hand, I have not been working on very large models (i.e. a lot of polygons). I mostly do low-poly modeling in the sub-3000 range for real-time 3D.

Dion Burgoyne
01-18-2005, 05:36 PM
"t" is actually element move, it will be a hair slower because it's got to figure out what you clicked on to activate it, and then it calculates the falloff around it. Take a look at the toolpipe and see what is actually activated when the tool is turned on. You'll see element falloff, element action center, move tool, etc...

Marlboro-Man
01-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the reply guys.

Dion, any chance luxology will be planning to make this tweak tool more efficient on heavier models? At the moment it is a bit jerky and slow when moving..compared to just moving normal points. I understand that it has to figure out what i'm selecting etc , but any chance of a speed boost in the near future?

Regards,

M-Man

CoolDuck
02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I agree with the lagging of the tweak tool (t).

What about an option for the Tweak tool, which when you turn it on, you can only tweak the components you are currently in. If ur in verts mode, tweak only verts... etc.
I sometimes accidently tweak an edge when I don't want to.

nobrain
02-04-2005, 04:24 AM
u guys are not making sense really.

he said its a modified move tool, if he makes it efficient its probably gonna end up being just a move tool.

TanJooLee
02-04-2005, 05:59 AM
I agree with the lagging of the tweak tool (t).

What about an option for the Tweak tool, which when you turn it on, you can only tweak the components you are currently in. If ur in verts mode, tweak only verts... etc.
I sometimes accidently tweak an edge when I don't want to.

It's there, when you hit "t", under tool properties > "Mode" > choose "Manual"
Manual Mode only move your current selection mode.

Cheers,

Tan

Marlboro-Man
02-04-2005, 03:32 PM
hey Tan,

Thanks for that..

It's something i didn't spot at all. mmm " mannual mode " ..back to those LW days.

Regards,

Mark S aka Marlboro-Man

JIII
02-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Just click the checkmark of your falloff in element move. or "tweak" as you dudes like to call it. Then it's super fast and a move tool hehe :-p. but thenn again lol why not just use the move tool ?? lol sorry i just had too.

chikega
02-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Also turning off the Manipulator helps ... it gets in my way during tweaking.

View > Tool Handles > Draw Style > Invisible

Also try a "Magnet" effect by right clicking and dragging on a vertex to interactively size the falloff. For additional colored vertex falloff effect View > Show Falloffs

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.