PDA

View Full Version : Leaves on a tree using Particle Flow...

Adriano-Zanetti
01-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi guys, I'm modeling a tree that will be in a scene I'd like to post on the site soon, I'm having issues now distributing "leaves" on the branches of my model. I'm placing the many branches of my tree manually, but I'd very much like to distribute the leaves at the top of those branches automaticly using Particle Flow. I'd like to be able to keep full control over the emitted object "leave" (Custom Particle shape, Color, Rotation, Etc) and I'd like to distribute only "1" particle per "selected face"...I chose to work with "face" there cause I want the particles to be orientated following the face local axis infos. I have in mind that this is possible using a simple script that would say something like :

"create 1 particle on each selected face following the local axis of the face"

If you think you know a free script that could do the thing or you think you can come up with one yourself, I'd really appreciate it and will give credits when posting out.

Thanks in advance,

Adrien

marktsang
01-18-2005, 04:09 PM
do a search i remeber the exact same thread not that long ago

mark

DonMeck
01-20-2005, 04:33 PM
This is not like the way you are going, but maybe it helps:
http://www.boutin.info/content/maxscript/distributy/index.php

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.