pixelation.
3. which software is best suited to get the
4. RATIO of conversion squeezed & unsqeezed
output.

thanks in advance

prasad

roto baggins
01-19-2005, 07:04 PM
first off your picture is going to look soft if you blow it up to that size. you're going to have to sharpen it.

p.hoehsl
02-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't understand the technical details of your project to the full extent.

You have a 720x576 image which is a 1:1.33 aspect ratio.

2048x871 I have never heared of - this would be 1:2.35 with square pixels, which is NOT anamorph. Anamorphic cinemascope is normaly 1804x1536 which is basicaly full frame (2048x1536) minus the space needed for the optical sound track. Here the picture is squeezed horizontaly by the factor of two. Just be aware that a 720x576 video picture is already squeezed by a factor of 1.067.

In any way you will loose a substantial amount of your picture at the top and bottom of your frame.

You will not avoid pixelation - especially if your video was shot with fields, which means you will have to deinterlace, which in turn will cost you half the vertical resolution.

You can use just about any compositing software to do this in.

The easiest way to do this would be to create a project with the desired output resolution and aspect ratio, import your video material and scale it up and move it into position so that it fits into frame the way you want it to.

From PAL to film we usually transfer frame by frame, which means your film either runs at 25fps or it is 4% longer.

Regards, Peter

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.