PDA

View Full Version : What makes a "heroic" face?

WhiteRabbitObj
01-17-2005, 08:03 PM
As I'm building a model for a main character in the film I'm working on, who is supposed to be a very stereotypical hero, I'm trying to think of what defines a strong, manly, heroic face. What are some suggestions that people have?

Geta-Ve
01-18-2005, 02:55 AM
id say the chin... you know the type... big strong chin.. :p or squarish jaw..

oh and an award winning "arrogant" smile"

and pearly white teeth.. :p

pwallin
01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
This is an easy one. Just look at my avatar and try mimic those characteristics of face I made from pictures of myself. :D

Pasi

Troy
01-20-2005, 12:45 PM
http://alexrossart.com

LordApophis
01-21-2005, 02:24 AM
this should help, it sure helped me when i needed it.

pwallin
01-23-2005, 06:49 AM
this should help, it sure helped me when i needed it.

Funny, to me that "idealistic" version was something that is been used in cartoons and movies.

Pasi

uganin
01-24-2005, 05:16 AM
hm , try to define the fetures , square jaw , eyes that seemed "focused" maybe short curly hair, or long wildy hair , also try to put that madish eyebrow furrow but the arrogent smile..soryy for the ' , ' attack , i dont realy know where to put them , sorry ^.^

WhiteRabbitObj
01-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't realize I had gotten any beyond the first one and had forgotten about the thread! :) Thanks for the size chart, I had done some research on that for one I've started building the body. I decided to go with "idealistic" proportions instead of heroic. I'm using the Vitrovian man in addition to some size charts for reference. Here's what I ended up with for the face, which I'm pretty happy with, though any suggestions I'd be glad to entertain and consider!

http://www.rit.edu/%7Emjd6897/JACK/jackcrit3.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.