PDA

View Full Version : IK boost

phone33
01-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I have my character in LW 8. I have rigged him w/ IK chains for his legs and arms, but that is about it, i have read about IK boost but i dont know what use it would serve. If anny 1 can tell me some of the helpfull thing IK boost can do for me that would be awesome. Annything that can make my charicter animation easier is always welcome.:thumbsup:

Zarathustra
01-17-2005, 07:22 PM
There's a softball for ya Larry.

adrencg
01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
I have my character in LW 8. I have rigged him w/ IK chains for his legs and arms, but that is about it, i have read about IK boost but i dont know what use it would serve. If anny 1 can tell me some of the helpfull thing IK boost can do for me that would be awesome. Annything that can make my charicter animation easier is always welcome.:thumbsup:

You can make a cute squiggly little octopus. His arms will flail about and he will look cute.

Kidding asiide....as Larry will tell you, there are probably many things that can be done with it, when combined with LW's already crappy IK system.

Mike

phone33
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
OK this post is NOT a jab a IK boost. It is more a i dont know how to use IK boost and was wondering how i can use it to make my charicter animation easier.

SplineGod
01-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Thanks Dave! :)
Phone,
Its kind of a loaded question because IKBooster has a lot of tools and is very deep. Thats a good thing because its nice to have tools that have a lot of room to allow you to grow with it.
The more I find out about IKBooster the happier I am with it. If you really want to get started with it and get up to speed with it you mght be interested in my $25.00 IKBooster DVD over at http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/ikbooster.php
You can also check out what others think about it here:
http://www.kurvstudios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39
Theres close to 3 hrs of material on it. :)

DaVee
01-18-2005, 02:23 AM
phone33
was wondering how i can use it to make my charicter animation easier.

Well that's a question i posted in different forum. IKB can't be used for a whole character to be animated. there's some fonction easy to apply with ik boost directly with the right clic (stopIK, limitation, ...). Dynamics are available for bones with IKB that's great. But if i were you, for a complete rig, i would make it with 'Classical' IK and blend some IKB fonction, wether it's necesssary. that's what they're made for i think.
I didn't use IKB so much, now i can be wrong.

David. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.