PDA

View Full Version : WIP (almost done): Kairein

peaxio
01-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Hey folks!

This is a piece that I've already finished, but would like some suggestions on how to make it better. I figure I draw too many girls, so I decided to work on guys for a bit. I mostly wanted to work with skin tone and lighting... So, any comments or critiques will be most helpful. ENJOY!

http://dreaming-forest.itgo.com/ArtofDestiny/kairein_halfnaked.jpg

Still taking commissions: http://dreaming-forest.itgo.com/ArtofDestiny/commissions.html

SpaceTik
01-17-2005, 04:47 AM
Very nice! you are gonna be an excellent artist if you keep it up. Sorry I don't have any suggestions.. by the way your prices seem a bit low for the quality of your work. Is this because you are a student and your looking for experience? or is this reasonably competitive as an illustrators fee in Minnesota?

peaxio
01-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Very nice! you are gonna be an excellent artist if you keep it up. Sorry I don't have any suggestions.. by the way your prices seem a bit low for the quality of your work. Is this because you are a student and your looking for experience? or is this reasonably competitive as an illustrators fee in Minnesota?

Hey, thanks for the comment SpaceTik!!

My prices seem a bit low because I'm just starting out as a freelance artist, and I am gaining experience along the way. Being an illustrator doing freelance in itself is competitive because there are so many out there that can do marvelous pieces. I can only hope to be as good some day. My prices will eventually be raised as time goes on and as I get better at it. We'll just have to wait and see...

Hasch2o
01-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Paexio

Great image, i first thought it was a girl though!
I think the Face is to feminine, if u wanted to achieve this you successed. Otherwise there are some things that you possibly could change.
1. The Eyelashes are way to thick and long
2. Look that the nose is a little more edgy
3. The Haircut reminds of a girl too

but these are just suggestion and only my two cents.

I really couldn't do anything half as good as that!!!

Keep going, really lilke your pics on your page

H.2.O

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.