PDA

View Full Version : draw or sculpting

plaguelord
01-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi all, I have this question, what is best to learn (take classes or do some course) to improve modeling, I being doing cg for years, and I want to become a professional modeler, but I cant improve my modeling with practice in the computer, I can do almost any tutorial or medium models like heads cars etc, but I want more traditional knowlegde, like anatomy, proportions, etc.
I like traditional sculpting a lot ,but I guess drawing is best to help cg modeling, what is best?

thanks and sorry about my english!

oglu
01-19-2005, 12:19 PM
i think both... :)

pencil-head
01-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Both are good. It's all about teaching your brain to translate what's in your head into reality. Drawing is good because you can do it anywhere. Sculpting involves more preporation, but is more closer to what you would be doing when your modelling in the computer.

When your learning anatomy and proportions and all that stuff, start with pencil. once you've mastered that then go onto sculpture. It will probably be cheaper for you that way. :)

plaguelord
01-19-2005, 10:53 PM
thanks for the advices, IŽll search for courses near my home the next week :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.