PDA

View Full Version : Help I am so new

Lucnet
01-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Well as you may know from my title. I am new to modeling. I don't want to be one of those poeple who annoy's everyone about every little detail for modeling and texturing.

Currently I own Photoshop, so I know I will be able to add a texture to a model somehow. The biggest things to find out, is what would be the best thing for me to use. I don't plan on doing any real big things with the models. I play a game that uses 3d models for the worlds they are in. Which I can control. I have been wanting to attempt to make my own models as you can use anyones you want for the game. So it wont have to be anything awsome. I have to keep the poly count real low so peoples computers don't slow way down because of it. There are alot of models that will be viewed while playing so the graphics and such have to be low.

My question or something like this I don't think I need no super powered program to get this done. Do I? I have edited texture for the models already used in the game, but when it comes to the actual models it is going to take more time and then more time to add texture to the models. Any helpful ideas?

bob143
01-16-2005, 06:26 AM
I would try Wings 3D or Blender, they are both free and are able to make low poly models and UV maps for your texturing. But, as I sure a lot of people would recommend, is you try all the demos you can and find the program that feels right for you.

deathburger_13
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
If you r going to get a big program like 3d max. best thing is to mess arownd with it .once you know a bit form doing some random tutrials. You should get a book ! if you dont have a credit card go to a univeristy book store they always have them! books r the best i would reconmend if u were getting 3d max these books :

Modeling a character in 3d max by Paul Steed

and lesser

3ds max 6 animation by Barrett Fox

but go at you own pace !:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.