PDA

View Full Version : Monster Concept (Finished?)

Ginsu
01-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I was trying to come up with some ideas for some monsters (its always good to have a few monster ideas in your portfolio). This is something that I drew in my sketchbook on the plane and decided to color it in Photoshop. The drawing was about 3 inches high and 4 wide. It was originally done in Ballpoint pen. I seem to have done the most I could with it. I left the BG blank because I honestly didn't know what to put behind him. The sketch tookl me about an hour to draw while the coloring took about three! Im very slow at coloring work digitally. I dont have a Wacom, I have an Aiptek 11x14 drawing tablet. Very low budget but I like it and it gets the job done. Im kinda new to this whole coloring thing so if anyone has any advice or pointers, please feel free to share them with me. I appreciate the time you took to look at my work. Thanks in advance.

-Ginsu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/gridlyne/FaceHugger.jpg

shyamshriram
01-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Nice work Ginsu, I like the monster :) only critique is about nose, it looks flat, may be u did that intentionally, but can u make it lil bit relief ?
good work anyways :)

Ognus
01-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Cant hug a face with a bumpy nose. That thing looks like it wants to be as close to the face as possible when it latches onto somebody. A nose would just get in the way.

Very creepy. I think the ummmm mandibular tusks, need to look a bit more functional. Maybe more like pincers that go up and down instead of side to side.

CGmonkey
01-22-2005, 08:56 PM
His anatomy is stick straight down to hell, it doens't make any sense. Even if it looks cool it won't work, you should (almost) allways base monsters on real anatomy or else it will look off.

hehe it's funny and it works, and the coloring is great for what you want to achieve. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.