PDA

View Full Version : Another MD question

alaklij
09-08-2002, 08:19 AM
Has it been anybody elses experience for Motion designer to render shadows properly only under raytraced? I tested with shadowmaps and raytraced. The shadow maps rendered the shadow of the original position of the cloth object; calculating only the shadow of the first frame rendered. Odd. Then on a hunch I thought perhaps raytraced shadows might work. They did. I feel raytraced shows are very 'sharp', and I would like to use a shadowmap because of speed.

Can anyone help? Has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks.

rube
09-08-2002, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure if this would be the problem but chekc and see that your shadows maps aren't being cached.. I'm almost positive I've used them with md before

rube

Eugeny
09-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Man u have serious problem with your LightWave...
Just checked this stuff and shadow is OK (see the pic)
I make some projects with MD and newer get this shadow errors...
Can u describe what kind of set up u have and what version of LightWave u use (i work with 7.5), or even send the scene so we can check it?

alaklij
09-08-2002, 09:55 PM
RUBE!!

You were right! Problem solved. I've always used cache on tests, so it never occurred to me, but makes absolute sense.

thanks.

Eugeny,
I don't have problems, I'm just special. :)
I use:
Lightwave 7.5
Win 2000 Pro SP2
Dual AMD 1600+
1.5 GB RAM

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.