PDA

View Full Version : First foray into digital painting

Zarf
01-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Hey all,

I just recently got a wacom Intuos 3 and am pleased as punch with it. I decided today to get a little more aquanted with it and try my hand at digital painting in photoshop. This started as a doodle but is shaping up to be a somewhat OK painting even if it wasnt planned.

http://www.umsl.edu/~gcbq44/speedface3.jpg

Crits and comments appreciated. Any general tips on digital painting or even color schemes would be GREATLY appreciated.

Will post more work tommorow and plan to have it done by sunday :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Zarf

(oh hey! this is my first time posting a work here! cool.)

alavi
01-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Hello

I just recommend you maya's paint effect

Ognus
01-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Very good for a first foray.
Heres to further forays!
Yay for forays.

The mans face looks a little slanted, which is okay because lyle lovit exists and seems to pull it off just fine. Infact some might call him ruggedly handsome. :)
The earings look like they have white powder beneath them, im guessing its the shine you tried to give them which poured out oddly onto the flesh.

Lets see a second foray.

Keep it up. Always up. Never down. Thats tyranny.

cgmodeler
01-16-2005, 04:26 AM
I have to say your drawing its really cool, i like the mood, just a suggestion, maybe you can modify the perspective of the face a little bit so it can be much more like an ovoid shape, this will add some depth to it and if you mix the strokes with the dodge tool you'll get a much softer color gradation.
Cheers!!!

Zarf
01-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the kind comments all. Tonight I had my tablet out and my 6 year old niece saw it for the first time. Needless to say she was fascinated by it! I wanted to show her how someone might approach making a painting on the computer so I did this doodle of my cat (who happened to be sitting in my lap at the time, actually thats where he spends 99 percent of his life). He's been my constant companion since I was 13 (I'm now 25) and his name is phantom.

http://www.umsl.edu/~gcbq44/phantom.jpg

After a few more of these I will probably start doing 'longer' works and taking part in the daily sketch excercises here on cgtalk.

Cheers,
Zarf

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.