PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - Character - Yon Dabuda

yon dabuda
02-09-2002, 04:17 AM
http://www.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/17448.jpg
i guess its time i posted something :)
here is something i started working on. still very rough, but i have some ideas in mind.
glad to see so many participants in this challenge. this is gonna be a tough battle, but it will be fun.

log
02-09-2002, 04:20 AM
darn nice head! I like the "hair" :D

cerreto
02-09-2002, 05:00 AM
very freaky and very cool i like this alot ! are the eyes actualy modeled or did you use a image map ? i like it body should be interesting

Totitch
02-09-2002, 05:07 AM
Just wonderfull!!!

swag
02-09-2002, 05:08 AM
The face looks very nice (if it was 3d) a little bit Aki or iam wrong

yon dabuda
02-09-2002, 06:07 AM
http://alshaheen.net/artists/yondabuda/sc4.gif
thanks for the compliments all.
im not sure who Aki is though :)
cheers.

joe_snow_jr
02-09-2002, 06:12 AM
aki ross from final fantasy the spirits within

joe

hobbes
02-09-2002, 07:11 AM
this girl...impressive.that kind of hair is very cool.l like it can't wait to see the full model.
Just one critic if i can...i think the mask is not blending very well with her pretty face.Maybe smthing more finer(is it the good word?) humm would be great.:)

Thoth
02-09-2002, 02:07 PM
Nice ...i like the hair too :)

is that with Lightwave?

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 02:38 PM
I'd say "yes of course, Lightwave with the MagicBevel plug".

Am I wright? Awesome !

yon dabuda
02-09-2002, 03:31 PM
nope, no aki ross :)

yep, thats lightwave.
interactive extrusion with magic bevel, its very intuitive. :) great new tool.

and i'll work on that mask design.

im thinking of making her voluptuous, mmmm... voluptuous lady octupi. sounds good, what do you ladies and gents think? *maybe*

Facial Deluxe
02-09-2002, 05:32 PM
User D. I knew it was you... Recognized your style, héhé....

Naz
02-09-2002, 07:07 PM
stunning work! looking forward to the rest of that tentaculous ~beast.

btw. what does "magic bevel" do? =)
me hits the web..

yon dabuda
02-09-2002, 07:39 PM
irc junkie? heh.
magic bevel is a new tool that lets you extrude a surface as you define its path with the cursor. its like drawing the spline and using rail extude in one with some nifty controls. smart idea.

http://alshaheen.net/artists/yondabuda/gm8.jpg

i started blocking in the body, roughly, so i can have something to work with. tell me what you people think before i add more detail and change things around.
and im thinkin of giving her some real sexy knee high boots and gloves to go.

big b
02-10-2002, 07:40 AM
I like it. She's mutated and deformed, but still sexy.

I wouldn't hick her out of bed.

Keep up the good work.

mrjosh
02-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Makes me think of a James Bond movie...

She looks great! If I had a suggestion, it'd be that the mask doesn't seem to go with the girl. Both are nice, but the mask looks a little too bulky. Looking forward to the breast, I mean rest of her...

parallax
02-10-2002, 10:13 PM
What i really like about that character right now is the body.
she doesn't have the typical cgi-female body (think lara croft) with all those impossibly "perfect" shapes and proportions.
I would not change the overall shape of the body if i were you.
She has a kind of girl-next-door quality :D , wich makes her very alive.
Top notch entry.

Wiro
02-11-2002, 07:16 AM
Oooooh, beautiful face!! Too bad you had to cover it up with the mask :)

Yeah, give her some sexy clothing! It would be great if you could tie in the tentacly look of her head into the clothing too. Maybe some tentacle-looking ornaments to her arms and as a belt. In fact I think she could really look sexy if covered in a tentacly bra or top instead of closing up her upper body. Maybe make the clothing look grown instead of manufactured :)

I aggree with the mask comment. It's a great model but doesn't really fit to her fine lines.

Keep it up!

Wiro

yon dabuda
02-11-2002, 06:28 PM
hrm.. designing a more eligant mask is going to be difficult. im thinking of breaking the new design into separate pieces, being the breathing mask and goggles, which was my initial intention anyhow. that way i could dangle the breathing mask off the side of the head or maybe on the neck to show more of her face...

as for tying in the tenticle look with the body, yeah :) actually i thought about making an octopus suction type breathing mask, but then i thought it would do too much to simplify the character design. i'll probably do something with the belt buckle and gloves textures, just enough to tie in those parts with the design.
tenticle top sounds cool, im going to play with that idea in some sketches, but i think it might be too much. the idea i had for the character was just of a slight mutation, and not as much "queen of all octupi" even though i kind of like that idea.

and im petty satisfied with the shape of the character too :) i tried to give her a very natural looking shape. im glad you like it.

thanks everyone for all your suggestions, they're very appreciated. keep them coming if you got them. :)

yon dabuda
02-12-2002, 12:28 AM
trying to illustrate some of the characteristics of the model out before i go into more detail. tell me what you all think.
i'll also be workin on the new mask design, some kind of a pack and weapons. as well as tie in some of the designs with the octopus idea..

oh and i have a thing for cute girls in red boots. hehe
also im a bit against high heels thats why they're not. :)

cerreto
02-12-2002, 12:58 AM
well looks like im going againt the grain but in your firs tpic i thought the mask was terific maybe just me

yon dabuda
02-12-2002, 01:26 AM
thanks cerreto. :) actually i kinda liked it as well. i thought it added a ruggedness to the character that is appropriate for a PA setting.

psumo
02-12-2002, 03:18 AM
Awesome face modeling and textures

It might be me but the neck seems a little too long.

It would be cool is she has some thermo-optic camoflauge (ghost in the shell) cause of the octopus look.
and maybe a cool ink shooter gun that looks like a flame thower that straps to a backpack

Her suit on her legs and her boots dont' look too appealing though. It looks a little like lingerie or like the very old style clothes that girls in brothels wear that you see in cowboy movies.

yon dabuda
02-12-2002, 04:07 AM
psumo, you're partially right about the neck, i'll raise the clavicle up a notch, as well as the arms. they probably need to be a little skinnier as well.
as for the boots, im gonna work on that, it will have some intricate detailing and whatnot to give it a more rugged look. and the suit on her legs, i know :) i was just sorta filling that space in. heh. i'll work on that as well.

i dont know about this thermo-optic suit though, havent seen ghost in the shell so i cant say i know how that looks.

ink shooter/flame thrower sounds cool. i like that idea. i'll see about it.

thanks for all the suggestions :) its appreciated.

AnimBot
02-14-2002, 10:09 AM
She looks great so far I also agree that the mask does not seem to match up with the rest of the design though. I'm curious why some people are suggesting more sex apeal but to each his own.

echo
02-14-2002, 07:19 PM
This is a great character. I agree that there is something wrong with the mask, it should have more design in it. Other then that, I will say that your character is really good, nice hair and the body is coming along great. Keep it up!

yon dabuda
02-16-2002, 05:19 AM
http://alshaheen.net/artists/yondabuda/is4.jpg
havent been working much on it but i'll pick it up soon.

bobthebuckler
02-21-2002, 09:50 AM
Really like how the head came out. The model is quite nice. But I find that the body doesn't fit well with the head. It seems like a standard human woman's body in a cat suit. Also the level of detail in the head does not carry over into the body.

Maybe you could give her a more aquatic lower body with fins and more tentacles. This would allow an even distribution of detail. Nothing says she has to have feet, especially feet in wonder woman boots. :D

epatnor
03-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Those hips are a little bit big... makes her loook kinda fat - and do we want that? No! :D

Ah well like someone siad earlier, the lovely (really awesome) detail and design of her head must be reflected in the design of her body... so I can drewl some more... ;) :P :D

Danko
03-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Very nice head!
I agree with bobthebuckler, the lower body could be more "octopusy" :P I think it's a good idea . You could also add her some neck protection or shoulder pads, but just a thought. Great work anyway :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.