PDA

View Full Version : My New Character Animation Showreel

Datadog
01-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

I graduated back in February, and after nine months of internships with two different companies, I've finally managed to get around to producing a new showreel. My reel focuses on character animation, so you'll have to forgive me if you have any problems with the models or rigs. Any constructive criticism with my reel would be appreciated.

http://www.boxofmystery.com/3dwork.html (16 megs)

EDIT: I'm sorry if you get a time-out error. My server shouldn't be doing this, but you can just try again later. It works almost every other time.

CgIdentity
01-14-2005, 05:04 PM
The link doesn't work.

Datadog
01-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Shoot. It was working five minutes before I posted the link. Looks like my server has chosen a perfect time to crap out on me. Sorry for the inconvenience (I can't access my website at all on my end. Just give it a few minutes.)

ace4016
01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
I think the penguin was the best thing animated on the reel, i liked the word dance too. I also liked the hair movement on the girl. I thought her walk cycle was a bit weird and the run was a bit too stiff in the torso. Actually, the torso of the girl seems stiff in most scenes, might just be me. In one part of the penguin steals the noth pole, when he is carrying it off, for a secodn or two the pole doesn't move with him. Thats all i see for now.

Datadog
01-14-2005, 11:41 PM
I see what you're talking about. Most of the problems regarding the girl's torso can be accredited to the rig I used. Anyways, I just fixed up all those problems you mentioned. The changes are very minimal so the reel barely looks different, but thanks for helping me out regardless. I'll be uploading the new version shortly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.