PDA

View Full Version : Smoo

tropistic
09-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Carl, if you're out there...

I *know* you're not wanting to work on this one any further, but if I was permitted one small wish for Smoo it would be a non-modal UI. Damn it would be nice to rotate a model while using it!!

But thanks for yet another great plugin!

Jay

mix
09-07-2002, 11:40 PM
What you wan't is for it to be converted to a plugin, Lscript at this stage, cant be made non-modular.
Baybe with the next version of Lscript (2.6) hopefully.

Cman
09-08-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I know!
I actually tried to work up a rotator into the interface, but it caused more trouble than I can tell you. Well, actually I could tell you, but do you really want to know? :)

I was thinking of exploring into it to make it capable of finer control. The only thing it seems worth to me is when using a spline to define the beveling. And a few times I've had it crap out on me when the bevel was too small. I'm pretty busy right now, unfortunately. No time.

wgreenlee1
09-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Love that Smoo!!
I just set my object where I can see it in all four views and Smoo away.
Thats another great LScript!!
Thanks for it!!!

dzogchen
09-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Yeah love that Smoo too.... I hardly touch Smooth Shift since I started using Smoo. It let you control every aspect of group beveling. :thumbsup: Too bad Cman has no time to work on it further.....

mix
09-09-2002, 04:44 AM
Yea, I have vertibevel&bevel++, both of which can do group bevels but still smoo seems to handel certain jobs better.
I Know Cmans buzzi but I for one, and Im sure Im not the only one would love to see it developed more.

You Dman Cman.

Cman
09-09-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by mix
Yea, I have vertibevel&bevel++, both of which can do group bevels but still smoo seems to handel certain jobs better.
I Know Cmans buzzi but I for one, and Im sure Im not the only one would love to see it developed more.

Hmm... I appreciate your comments, but c'mon - I find it hard to believe Smoo does anything better than Vertibevel. Maybe the fact it's free adds a little value? haHAHA

Thanks though. :)

Oh, and I got bevel++ too. It's quite good, idn'it!

mix
09-09-2002, 07:45 AM
C'mon, Cman give your self some credit.

Yes Vertibevel can do some awsome things, no doubt about it.
Bevel++ can do some cool things, I an't doubting that either.

But, vertibevel isn't interactive like smoo,you cant off set your bevel to one side of you'r selected polygons or size on a selected axis like smoo can, you cant rotate you'r beveled poly's like smoo can.

But, Bevel++ is not as accurate as smoo when lining up poly's like smoo, you can't save bevels like smoo can, you cant off set your bevel to one side of you'r selected polygons or size on a selected axis like smoo can, you cant rotate you'r beveled poly's like smoo can.

Of course there are things that the forementioned plugins can do that smoo can't, but I don't need a copycat beveling tool, I need one that can do what the others cant, and thats what smoo does.

There are two things missing from smoo IMO, multiple save's and a non_modular interface.

Sorry for the rant, but this needs to be side.

So when's the next update due.....hehehe

dzogchen
09-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Exactly! Cman you should not discount yourself for creating such a great plugin. Not every free plugin is of value and appreciated by people if you know what I meant.

wgreenlee1
09-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Yeah Cman,
Youre great dude.
Are we trying to butter you up?
Naw......well maybe.........:cool:

hehehehe

Cman
09-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Nah, I don't discount Smoo is of value to people, I just figured Vertibevel was so widely praised it must be gigantically awesome.
No big deal. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.