PDA

View Full Version : was it always like this?

iso
09-07-2002, 08:15 PM
I don't know if i just never noticed this before or if something has changed, but i recently looked at the wireframe of a model in the layout part of lightwave when the model had sub'd applied in the modeler and it appears that all the polygons are converted to 3pt polys.

I just really noticed this when i was fooling around with importing models that i made in animation master. The exported models were in a 3ds format and all the patches were converted into 3pt polys. I then converted the model to .lwo format and imported it. i was suprised when I brought the model into Layout and saw that the sub'd actually subdivided all the polys so the model was now extrememly dense. I then tested it out on a simple box and found the same thing. I just want to make sure that this is supposed to happen because I recently added some plugins (legacy plugins from post on this board) and just want to make sure that something funny isn't happening. Thanks people

I am still learning so be kind if this is the way it always has been.

Chewey
09-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Layout displays the geometry as 3 sided polys.
That's normal.

iso
09-07-2002, 08:38 PM
phew, that makes me feel better. thanks

LyonHaert
09-07-2002, 10:29 PM
yeah, no matter what geometry you've created, it's ultimately treated as tris. even in modeler.

DigitalDeuce
09-07-2002, 11:07 PM
yep yep yep.

All is ok.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.