PDA

View Full Version : Old man color

AJ-
01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi, im starting to get into color and I was wondering if anyone can help me out with critiquing my work.. any advise at all is more then welcome... also note I didn't draw this line art I only did the color..

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/4128/oldman0vg.png

if you wanna see the line art...
http://img76.exs.cx/img76/6461/gentheoldgeezer8sq.jpg

AJ-
01-17-2005, 11:26 AM
sorry to bug everyone by bumping up my own topic.. it's just that i have a hard time finding people to critique my work.. i noticed that there were alot of really great artist on this forum and i just wanted a little advise...

Eternally Mine
01-18-2005, 05:28 AM
I assume the line art means the actual outline of the character?

I can see nothing wrong with the colors but I have found a few problems with the line art?

The man's fingers look to bulbous and the ground below his feet looks like parchment from a scroll instead of ground. Anyway that is my opinion and I did my best, hope it helped in some way.

Take care:thumbsup:

powerACE
01-18-2005, 09:27 AM
well it looks nice and i like the style of your drawing skills in terms of cartoon 2d cleanup animation but is it that the graphics is a bit pixilated and i am unconvinced about the rain effect

AJ-
01-18-2005, 11:52 AM
yeah by line art i ment the drawing itself i only did the color... as for the rain i wasn't very happy with the way it turned out.. i just couldn't get it to look right.... this was my first time adding a backound to a drawing with no real backround.. it was harder then i thought it would be...

lulaassassina
01-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Painting rain must be really fckd up!
By the way, the drop splatter doesn't seem convincing, looks like glare, instead.
Keep going m8!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.