PDA

View Full Version : I need help with topology of connecting legs to my lizardmesh

am7
01-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on modeling. I have been using maya for just a month or so, and this is my fourth serious attempt to really model something. I'm currently working on a lizard, that I will rig and then animated later on. Now I need some advice about how I should form the topology/geometry around leg. If anyone could give me some tips or illustrate to me how I would have to model this part so that the deformations would look correct, I would highly appreciate it. :thumbsup:

http://www.am-art.org/dump/lizard_topology_problem.jpg

I've made a suggestion as you can see In the lower right corner on how I would imagine I would model it in order to get the correct deformations, but I'm really just guessing here. So any input from more experienced modelers would be great!

Oh, and the animation isn't going to be much, simply the lizard walking on a flat ground and possible opening his mouth.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.