PDA

View Full Version : Angel (Nudity)

DimitrisK
01-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Work in Progress.
Just did this quick drawing few minutes ago while waiting for some arch. renderings to finish and now I am about to start inking...

http://www.3dk.gr/WebPosts/Angel-pencils.jpg

coCoKNIght
01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
looks promising, waiting for more.

so you make the lineart on paper?

DimitrisK
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi coCoKNIght, yeah I make everything on paper. Pecils, Inks and Colours. I am one of the few unfortunates that don't have a Wacom to work with. Damn those Wacoms...!!!

coCoKNIght
01-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I wish I had a cintiq display tablet, but I've only a graphire2 A6 tablet...

So, how do you make the coloring? watercolors?

tttia
01-13-2005, 10:25 PM
The only real question I have on it is that the torso looks a bit thick, and the butt looks a bit thin...if that was intentioned I guess it is alright, but the waste to hip ratio is often a key to beauty, and, while this is no traditional angel by any means, you might want to consider changing it up a bit. The torso might also be a bit enlongated....something about the angle of the shoulders and the back aren't working for me...seems it should arch more at that angle instead of being a rounded curve? Not sure.

Anyway, I have a wacom I still do some line art on paper, some on the tablet, and some I skip lines altogether and just paint the shapes and then refine. And then, sometimes I use corel draw. Paper still has great control though, so there are reasons to do it besides just no tablet.

DimitrisK
01-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Dear coCoKNIght: When you get your cintiq display tablet, I wiil be more than happy to take your graphire2 A6 tablet of your hands, charge free of course. Did you think I was gonna charge you for it? What are friends for? As for the colouring I use Watercolours, Inks, Acrilics, Pencils...basicly everything except oils because they take too long to dry...

Dear tttia: The perspective is based on a photo, but I guess since it is just a sketch it is not perfect. The Inks will be the acurate and defining media. By the way, what do you mean: changing it up a bit?

Will be with you with some inks as soon as possible. Thanx for writting. Comments are more than wellcome. Actually they are why I am here for...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.