PDA

View Full Version : Shadows using final gathering??

kamikazerussell
09-07-2002, 03:56 PM
I'm using final gathering to help light my scene. Unfortunately I can not get a cast shadow from my objects in the scene. I am using an infinite light as the sun. I have shadows enabled in the light properties as well as in the region options and the render options. Is there something that I'm overlooking????

kamikazerussell
09-07-2002, 05:04 PM
Okay, I was able to get shadows......but with a spotlight. Is there any way to create shadows with an infinite light??

JoeRedstall
09-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Um, sorry if this seems a bit obvious, but have you turned off cast shadows on all your final gathering light source objects in case they are blocking the infinite light ?

kamikazerussell
09-07-2002, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure, you're referring to the sky dome itself right? Where do I do that, in the object properties??

JoeRedstall
09-08-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that's it. Go into your skydome's Visibility property and and turn off Shadows. You can also turn off Primary Rays if you want to use a different background instead of your skydome object.

Hope this helps,

Joe

kamikazerussell
09-09-2002, 04:57 PM
That did it.....I can't believe I overlooked that.....thanks...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.