PDA

View Full Version : blendshapes from extracted geometry

SteveD
01-13-2005, 07:16 AM
hi, i am watching the cgToolkit "making of leon" video, there is a scene where he:

-extracts all of the faces that make up the head on his model.
-duplicates them.
-combines the original faces back into the mesh (then merges the verts)
-models a blend shape from the duplicaded geo
-adds the blendshape into the original mesh (unchecking the "check topology" flag & "local")

works fine for him. what it does for me is it scales down the geo about 1000 percent and takes the shape of target.

I have tried "world" but the geo just moves to the side, i have even tried all the different def orders even though this is the only deformer attached. I keep watching this part very carfully and i do not notice what i am missing.

both the tutorial and i are being used with v6.0.1

thank you for any help.

steve.

krazeyhorse
01-13-2005, 11:04 PM
This might be obvious, but did you freeze transforms and delete history on the model? Also try to export the problemsome geo' as .obj and then import it into a new/clean scene and try the process again.

see how you go with that.

SteveD
01-14-2005, 11:06 AM
yeah tried all that. this may sound real stupid but it seems like it doesnt work because my scene units are set to inches instead of default cm. i cant even get this to wok on a simple sphere in a new scene unless i set it to cm. i know it sounds retarded and buggy but this i the only change i can find that makes any difference whatsoever in the outcome. does this claim of mine sound too buggy to be the real issue?

krazeyhorse
01-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Depends on if you do this during the process. But it sounds right to me.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.