PDA

View Full Version : dynamic web designs

evandaeman
01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
what about dynamic websites??? wouldn't that fall under CG???

i'd love to see some cool flash websites and designs.. i don't seen any forums in here about web related stuff...

even flash animation...

i think threre are lots of creative websites which are all computer generated.. shouldn't we be talking about those??? i don't see any web realted forums here.. that's why i'm suggesting it :buttrock:

D-res
01-13-2005, 01:54 AM
i agree... although 3d animation etc is a hobby, web design is my passion. i'd love for a section like that here.

Flashkit.com and Kirupa.com are too slow. I know i would love to be able to get feedback on certain things and get ideas, suggestions, and help from a message board that is as active as this is, so i dont have to wait a couple days for responses.

i think the mods and site admins should definitely look into adding a flash section to these boards.

great idea! :thumbsup:

Michael Chen
02-10-2005, 04:50 AM
i think the mods and site admins should definitely look into adding a flash section to these boards.

Actuallly there use to be a "Flash" section. However for some reason it got removed? :shrug:

JDex
02-10-2005, 07:12 AM
If I recall the reason it was removed was because it was usually just people saying "First pre-loader, what do you think."

This issue of Web Design at CGTalk has been debated many times and the decision has always been that there are plenty of good places on the web to discuss web design and get assistance... and CGTalk is not for that.

That said, part of me would still like it here because I prefer to get crits and assistance from this community than from anywhere else, whether it be web or anything else.

mummey
02-10-2005, 11:02 AM
If I recall the reason it was removed was because it was usually just people saying "First pre-loader, what do you think."

This issue of Web Design at CGTalk has been debated many times and the decision has always been that there are plenty of good places on the web to discuss web design and get assistance... and CGTalk is not for that.

Quoted for agreement.

I would be nice at some point to have critiques of people's portfolio websites. There would have to be rules in place for what the site can and cannot be before anything like that could even be considered.

jmBoekestein
02-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Well as it happens I just bought myself some webhosted space for my own site. I'd love to get some tips or insights because I never did this sorta thing.

But then again I wouldn't visit it that often after having learnt what I need to. What we have at school is a separate part of new media being interactivity and stuff. It could be fun to add a forum for interactivity design. That would also apply to other areas like games and gui's. There would be moe anima for it I think.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.