PDA

View Full Version : Blur Studios Plugins and Max 7

CupOWonton
01-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Im currently working at an architectural illustration company, and I stumbled upon several blur procedural maps that I would like to use in some of our exterior and interior scenes, Unfortunately they dont seem to be max 6-7 compliant. The plugins are specificly the blurlib file and the electric, dynoskin and other materials from blur.

I was wondering if anyone here was able to get them to work in max7 or if anyone here knew of who could remedy this problem. I am pondering contacting the creators, but I dont like disturbing industry professionals with things theyve stated "arent their job."

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

captain brainiac
01-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi
i think you stumbled onto .. electric, frenetic, etc. ..... these don't work since Max 4....
so in my opinion there is no way to activate them with Max 7... cause the Max-Plugin architecture changed at least 2 times.... sorry....
Have you looked at www.maxplugins.de (totaly in english) ???? For MAX 7 you can choose and use every MAX 6 and 7 plugin...

Hope i could help...

Tom

Hook
01-22-2005, 10:17 AM
well they work in max 6 just make shure that max is loading the blurlib file befor it loads the other plugins first..... and max 7 should be able to run the same plugins as max 6

Leionaaad
01-22-2005, 12:33 PM
I am checking their sites periodically...
Last time I checked I couldn't find the plugins, it seems they removed them. But they did offered plugins for v6, and work fine with max7. try to find them for max6. I will try not to forget to send them on monday.

triff
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
3ds max 7 recompiles on Neil Blevins' site:

http://www.neilblevins.com/blurscripts/blurscripts.htm

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2005, 11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.