PDA

View Full Version : crits and suggestions needed

3D_me
01-12-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm working on the presentation for my jury (I study architecture) next friday. There are some problems getting the layout right. I can't change anything one the 3D renderings anymore (to short time for re-rendering, so be polite for them :) )
It's for the presentation itself I need som help. (That's why I posted it in the 2D-thread.)
Here are 2 sheets I started working at (they have to be printed at A0-format, so I'm making them at 150dpi) It's quite an expirimental building-design, so it's quite important I think that the layout represents the architecture in a way.

http://users.pandora.be/sorgeloos/tweakers/presentatie_01.jpg

http://users.pandora.be/sorgeloos/tweakers/presentatie_02.jpg

PS: the text is still missing, eg, my name, name of the project, names of spaces,...

Symbiont2
01-13-2005, 03:02 AM
You have a lot of white space, why don't you scale everything up to fill it in. I think it's pretty much impossible to understand your design unless you explained it. It is not clear what you are looking at in the images (mainly because theyre so small.)

Cadron
01-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi,

Firstly i would like to say that i like the striking colour scheme you have going there, but more than that each colour actually reafers to different architectural devices - ie the red is furnature and stairs, the black the mesh and vertical tralice members, and the white which is the horizontal plane. This is not only an effective scheme but it also creates a visual language within your composition.

As Symbiont2 points out however is that the images of the building - which is what your assignment is all about takes up very little of the page and is quite small. Your design is rather complexedand i wander if it is best discribed from these isometric view points. Why not play with the camera a bit and show us what it is like within your building, what spaces have you created? How have you used your experimental form to create a habitable space? How do the rooms relate to one and other? What does it feel like walking down those stairs with the black 'mesh' around you - how do the spaces differ? and so on and so forth.

As an example why not have a central image of your design in the isometric view which you ahve got then have lines comming out off each area (as in the bottom leftisometric in the first image) with dynamic camera shots of what it is like within these different spaces?

Traditional images would also be very useful, forexample sections would be extremely valuable in discribing how your rooms work together the addition of people would also let the view know what scale you are working with (the addition on the human person is a far esiaer device for understanding scale than a line saying how long a meter is!). diagrams would not go astray either, explaining how the heights of ceilings differ from room to room as a person moves around within the building. diagrams for light entering the building - what is the lighting like inside? (from your images it is impossible to tell - please note though that i do not know what your brief was so some of this may be useless info for this project but may come in handy in the future).

What I am trying to say is, you have such an experimental design - why not exmeriment with the composition?

hope this is of some help,
Regards - Cade

PS i have been studying architecture for 3 years now in australia and i absolutely love it! Keep up the awesome work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.