PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?????

flagsdivide
01-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey all,

I don't know what's going on with my premier, but before, I would render an animation in maya WITH alpha channels checked ON in the render globals and import it in premier to edit the speed of the animation and then ship it into AE and the alpha channels are fine. Now things have changed and I don't know why? Now, after rendering in premier and then shipping it to AE the alpha channels are gone. All I see is the animated object with its black surrounding and obvsiously the alpha channels was not recognized during premier's rendering.

If I import these TIF sequence from Maya directly to After Effects the alpha channels are there, but now when I use Premier to render in between the two programs the alpha channels are no longer with the Tifs.

Frame padding in Render globals appears sufficient.

I've even reinstalled premier. I don't recall ever changing anything with the system. Plse help!

shadow
01-12-2005, 12:46 PM
When you exported in Premiere, did you export in 'Milions of Colors+' instead of 'Milions of Colors'?

flagsdivide
01-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Shadow-

Thanks for responding.......The only thing I see in as far as the word "millions" refers to the depth in the project settings window. I don't think this applies to me as the option does NOT allow me to choose. Where I know I have that option of "millions of colors+" is in the render window settings of After Effects.

My problem lies NOT in the transfer of data from After Effects to Premier, but from MAYA-Premier-After Effects. As I had mentioned, when I render from Maya then import to After Effects there is NO problem, but when I render in Maya than turn it over to Premier then finally to After effects, then the alpha channel no longer is with the files.

flagsdivide
01-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Shadow-

After playing with the project setting a little more, I was able to get the "depth" pull down
option to be selectable and tried rendering with the "millions+" settings. Shadow, you ARE my
savior! Thanks alot for pointing out that information that I never knew. Funny thing is that I don't recall ever playing or even had the knowledge of that setting, and yet I guess it was set
at that mode all along because i was able to get alphas from premier before. Thanks !

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.